Hi guys, i have a been offered a 457 sponsorship. but the employer is suggesting that i start on a WHV for the first 3 months and transferred to 457. I have reservations, as I am giving up a full time job for this and am concerned if i dont get 457 approved. Anyone has been through similar situations?

thanks!!

Personal choice but I sure wouldnt do it! What if employer pulls out and your left with no job. Do you know if they have passed the criteria to sponsor, what if they dont? Different if you were going anyway on an WHV but to give up a job to do it this way sounds a bit risky

some people say the most difficult part is finding an employer who is willing to sponsor a work visa, once you have a sponsor, the rest is pretty much straight forward. but still, i think DIBP has the final say... right?

Hi guys, i have a been offered a 457 sponsorship. but the employer is suggesting that i start on a WHV for the first 3 months and transferred to 457. I have reservations, as I am giving up a full time job for this and am concerned if i dont get 457 approved. Anyone has been through similar situations?

thanks!!

I came on a WHV and got sponsored (457) it is a big thing for some employers to do so if you've been offered it take it! You can work for the same employer for a 6 month period on a WHV so if its doesn't work out with this job you still have time to go through probation and find another sponsor. Some people would kill for an offer of sponsorship. Sponsoring straight off the batt is rare tbh because of the costs involved to the employer, plus since the days I came its so much harder to get sponsored now. Ive been here 4 years now, came travelling and never left, its amazing but for me my time is coming to and end soon I think ( too homesick! ) but take the chance of a new adventure, you wont regret it. best of luck

I came on a WHV and got sponsored (457) it is a big thing for some employers to do so if you've been offered it take it! You can work for the same employer for a 6 month period on a WHV so if its doesn't work out with this job you still have time to go through probation and find another sponsor. Some people would kill for an offer of sponsorship. Sponsoring straight off the batt is rare tbh because of the costs involved to the employer, plus since the days I came its so much harder to get sponsored now. Ive been here 4 years now, came travelling and never left, its amazing but for me my time is coming to and end soon I think ( too homesick! ) but take the chance of a new adventure, you wont regret it. best of luck

thank you for sharing your story with me. I think i will love Australia too. When you first came on WHV, did you find a job in the same industry as you were in back at home or did you start a completely new career?

thank you for sharing your story with me. I think i will love Australia too. When you first came on WHV, did you find a job in the same industry as you were in back at home or did you start a completely new career?

I started something new- was only meant to tied me over for like 6 months to give me more money to travel then I stayed with it for nearly 2 years, I then changed and got sponsored again and am now back in real estate which is what I did in the uk. Recruitment is the industrys that's easiest to get sponsored in- you never no you may need to try your hand at it one day! :)

thanks!!

I was in the same position at one stage. I declined it because of the potential risks involved. Decided to apply for a skilled visa to eliminate those risks coming out on a whv in the hope of securing a 457.

I was in the same position at one stage. I declined it because of the potential risks involved. Decided to apply for a skilled visa to eliminate those risks coming out on a whv in the hope of securing a 457.

i looked into skilled visa too, but my profession is not on the SOL list :(

Hi Guys,

I've sent my CV into a few companies, and in the last few days had some really good replies.

One company's reply was " give us a few days to work out the process and we will be in touch to let you know a way forward"

Hopefully this is a sponsorship offer. It a very large company too with their own in house recruitment department.

Although i'm not getting over excited , its great to get some positive feed back !

i looked into skilled visa too, but my profession is not on the SOL list :(

Well then I assume you have checked to make sure it's on the csol if a potential employer is willing to sponsor? Have you made sure that you aren't eligible for a 190 state sponsored skilled visa?

Hi Guys,

I've sent my CV into a few companies, and in the last few days had some really good replies.

One company's reply was " give us a few days to work out the process and we will be in touch to let you know a way forward"

Hopefully this is a sponsorship offer. It a very large company too with their own in house recruitment department.

Although i'm not getting over excited , its great to get some positive feed back !

well done!! you mind telling me what industry are you in?

Well then I assume you have checked to make sure it's on the csol if a potential employer is willing to sponsor? Have you made sure that you aren't eligible for a 190 state sponsored skilled visa?

Yes, i double checked, its on csol :)

i havent looked at state sponsored visa tho.

Yes, i double checked, its on csol :)

i havent looked at state sponsored visa tho.

Well that's good! For the 190 skilled sponsored visa your occupation needs to be on the csol(in which you say it is).

Next step is to look into it and see if you are eligible for this visa. I.e . Google the anzsco code to see what the minimum occupation requirements are, to ensure you can obtain a positive skills assessment, checking you have enough points, seeing what states are currently sponsoring etc.

If you determine that you are eligible then I would certainly apply for this over a 457 any day. With the 190 visa, it is a permanent one and you won't have those risks and uncertainties unlike a 457.

I think they are making you take all the risks. If you are on a 457 they have to pay the costs of flying you back in certain instances. Whereas the WHV, you are on your own. If that isn't an issue go for the WHV. If you are eligible for a permanent residency visa even better.

Well that's good! For the 190 skilled sponsored visa your occupation needs to be on the csol(in which you say it is).

Next step is to look into it and see if you are eligible for this visa. I.e . Google the anzsco code to see what the minimum occupation requirements are, to ensure you can obtain a positive skills assessment, checking you have enough points, seeing what states are currently sponsoring etc.

If you determine that you are eligible then I would certainly apply for this over a 457 any day. With the 190 visa, it is a permanent one and you won't have those risks and uncertainties unlike a 457.

oh thanks for the information, actually, i have experience in 2 of the occupations on the csol list. i will definitely look into that as well. thanks very much!!

Archived