Worried

Kate 1

Hi

my my partner is being sponsored by a company to work in Adelaide so I would be eligible to obtain a visa based on their sponsored work visa, but I'm worried that if we split up while out there I will have given up everything here and will have to come back to in the uk because I've be kicked out of oz due to the fact I'm entering on their 4 year employer sponsored visa. Is this the case ? How can I protect myself if the worst were to happen and we did split up whilst out there ?

As rob dc says why come if your thinking that. I think emigrating puts huge strains on even the most stable relationships, I should partly know I split from partner during process whilst in UK. I would say unless your 100% committed don't do it

Definitely agree with what the others have said. It does seem strange that you are worrying about what if you split up at this stage. Doesn't sound like you are committed to the relationship therefore probably not the best idea to give up everything. I am actually wondering why you are planning to move so far away with your partner when you are thinking like this.

I do agree with others, but I suppose if you are young and don't have too many ties then its an adventure like the WHV I suppose, however always have your own cash and emergency plans in case the worst was to happen. Don't move if this is your partners choice but move if its something that would benefit you too. Is there work opportunities for you too? Plenty of young couples go on WHV's together and don't always stay together. Is there anyway of building on your skill set so that if you were to split you would be eligible for a visa in your own right?

To be honest I think it's sensible to have a back up plan, nobody knows what might be round the corner. OP do you have a skill that would enable you to be sponsored separately? You could look for work once you get here and see if an employer could sponsor you.

I think this is a valid question. I am moving over in 2015 on a partner visa, and asked a similar question very recently.

We are not planning to split up, but nothing is guaranteed in this world, and I think it's always useful to know what's on the flip side.

Hi

my my partner is being sponsored by a company to work in Adelaide so I would be eligible to obtain a visa based on their sponsored work visa, but I'm worried that if we split up while out there I will have given up everything here and will have to come back to in the uk because I've be kicked out of oz due to the fact I'm entering on their 4 year employer sponsored visa. Is this the case ? How can I protect myself if the worst were to happen and we did split up whilst out there ?

Yes this is the case. The only way to protect yourself would be to get your own visa not travel on his. If the relationship is tenuous, I wouldn't do it. If you just want to know where you stand in worst case scenario, then as I say you need to get or be able to get your own visa.

Archived