Best way to rent when first arrive in Oz

zoe1922

Hi,

We are moving over to Perth at the end of August - yay!:cool:

I have found some short term rentals which we can move into for about a month, but I'm not sure what to do for the best. It seems difficult to get a longer term rental whilst we are still in the UK, and I'm not sure that I'd want to until I've seen it.

If we go for a short term rental for about a month, does anyone have any experience of if this will be long enough to find a longer term rental with everything else we need to do when we get there? including finding a job!!

Thanks for any help you can give :wink:

We came to brissy a year ago now, we booked a apartment for 3 weeks hoping this would give us enough time to sort everything out. My oh actually had a job set up but needed to complete paperwork with APHRA before he could start work. We found a rental in that time as we made a list of things to do everyday once complete we took time out to enjoy lol... Not sure how things work in WA but I'm sure it won't be to different.

4 weeks will be plenty now in perth , I rented for 8 weeks in perth when first arrived then extended another week , then viewing properties about 50 showed up on each viewing , I ended up offering $100 aweek extra , they were hard get when I arrived , now I'm sure in perth you will have your pick , the reason I'm sure is when I broke lease to come to brissie my house in perth didn't go been paying two rents perth and here until it went for weeks , you will have the upper hand now in perth loads available . :biggrin:

You def won't have any probs getting a rental in Perth at the moment. The market is saturated with them.

i would advise that you go in lower than the asking price too. Most of them are having to reduce their prices anyway.

We are leaving our rental in a couple of weeks time, the agents have been marketing it for a few weeks now and they only have one couple wanting to view so far.

When we got it a couple of years back, we were up against about another 20 applications. Things have changed so much since then.

Archived