Is australia living in a massive bubble and will it go pop if not why not

snapper123

>>we were lucky as we bought our council house

We did too! was just about the only way we could get our own house, even then had to borrow more to pay for solicitor's and other fees and charges. Thankyou Maggie Thatcher!

Lucky indeed. It's not very often that you can enter into a rental agreement only to find that you somehow obtain possession. Bit unlucky for those who come after to find that public housing stock has been sold off for a song though.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very few homeless in Australia seem to sleep on the beach. They are quite common in Brighton. I've never known why.

Because it is warm and there are facilities available. ..eg drug and alcohol support centres

Because it is warm and there are facilities available. ..eg drug and alcohol support centres

The only homeless I've come across in Aus have been sleeping rough under the railway line bridge between Woolloomalloo and Kings Cross. I've come back after a few beers that way a couple of nights and stopped to have a chat with them. I think they are there for the very same reasons that Nikey sites. There are drug and alcohol support centres close by, there are other people there every night with the same issues and problems, they are out of the rain, people round the area are used to them and they are pretty near a police station, so I guess the cops know they are there too. Everyone needs a friend and a chat.

It's warm enough in Sydney all year to sleep where they are.

Archived