Help! Visa options that are quick!!

Terrivn

Hi all,

I am avid poms in oz reader but first time poster! :huh:

I am an Australian citizen and want to move back with my husband of 6 years. We have just submitted his visa application for spouse migration (subclass 309/100?) on 1st May this year.

We are however VERY eager to move ASAP and I understand from the forums that the time frames for these is around 8 months :arghh:

Is there any other way for us to move over quicker??? His occupation isn't on the skills list and we need him to be able to work over there.

Help/advice very welcome!

If he is under 30 then there is the working holiday visa. Otherwise no, you need to wait, permanent visas take a little bit of time. Although 8 months doesn't seem so long to me, I would be just looking to enjoy the rest of my time.

Hi all,

I am an Australian citizen and want to move back with my husband of 6 years. We have just submitted his visa application for spouse migration (subclass 309/100?) on 1st May this year.

We are however VERY eager to move ASAP and I understand from the forums that the time frames for these is around 8 months :arghh:

Is there any other way for us to move over quicker??? His occupation isn't on the skills list and we need him to be able to work over there.

also, if you are eligible for UK citizenship, and don't already have it, you would be well advised to get it before you leave. You never know when you might want to return.

8 months doesn't sound that long to me either, more straightforward than some of the others on offer.

There are no quick visas, other than tourist and you can't work on those. All you can do is wait out the process. You can use the time to begin researching the job market, see if you can establish any employment prospects, etc. so you're better ready to hit the ground running when you arrive.

Hello :)

Agree with the others. You've applied off shore so there are no quick visas for work purpose, other than a WHV if under 30/31.

And what Quoll said. If your Aus OH does not already have UK citizenship you could well find yourselves stuffed to move back to the UK due to the visa rules for partners now. It's caught a lot of people out and they are not able to return to live in the UK as they can't meet the requirements.

Hi all,

From what you have posted, there is probably nothing to stop your husband coming on an ETA and lodging a partner visa onshore. and withdrawing the current application. You would forfeit the current VAC you have paid, but work rights would be available.

From what you have posted, there is probably nothing to stop your husband coming on an ETA and lodging a partner visa onshore. and withdrawing the current application. You would forfeit the current VAC you have paid, but work rights would be available.

There is this too as wrussell has said. The costs for onshore application are higher, plus the other costs like medical still.

Also, the onshore seems to be taking a lot longer at around 13-15 months from what I read on here, although a few get them a bit sooner.

I cant think why someone would throw away an application fee for the sake of moving a few months earlier. I suppose it depends how desperately they want to move.

Also is it therefore incorrect to understand that a tourist visa is for tourism, not a way of getting onshore in order to lodge an onshore application?

Also is it therefore incorrect to understand that a tourist visa is for tourism, not a way of getting onshore in order to lodge an onshore application?

I agree with @Rupert. It would be misuse of a tourist visa to use it as a way of getting onshore in order to lodge an onshore application. If a tourist visa is applied for with the intended purpose being to apply for an onshore visa, then the application for the tourist visa involves making intentional misrepresentations to DIBP.

I have known people who have been in to immigration and told them they would like a tourist visa to make up their 12 months living together. No issue at all and it was issued. I believe they are far more worried about people who may try to work while on the tourist visa, otherwise they would all have no further stay conditions attached.

I have known people who have been in to immigration and told them they would like a tourist visa to make up their 12 months living together. No issue at all and it was issued. I believe they are far more worried about people who may try to work while on the tourist visa, otherwise they would all have no further stay conditions attached.

But we do know that what individuals in immigration say, is not always accurate. The tourist visa is definitely not designed for people to make up 12 months or to get onshore to apply for another visa or anything of the kind. Can people get away with it? Yes, but not always.

Archived