Down under live expo

Selina Smith

Well if it is cheap and you are nearby then why not. But don't expect to get too much out if the day, some people do, most will not.

You can probably check some basic eligibility for a visa from your armchair, that is all you are going to get for free. If you have a complex situation then you should expect to pay for good advice.

Presumably you are thinking of moving based on work skills, what is your story?

My girlfriend and I went back in September .. Travelled all the way from south west wales to Birmingham .... Not worth that sort of journey but if your near by and really have not started doing that much research already the expo will be worth a trip !!

Yes. I've been a couple of times previously. If you haven't been to one before you should find it interesting. Ask as many questions as you can and talk to as many people as you can. Collect as many free magazines and leaflets and study them when you get home. As with every subject it's all about doing the research. But no amount of research can prepare you for living in Australia. :biggrin:

Been to the one in Glasgow a couple of times, nice to speak to real live people! Tip - fill in your details/send cv etc for the visa assessment before the event - I did this and they had a load of information ready for me to collect, and so avoid the queues on the day.

We'll be attending the event as exhibitors, please feel free to come and chat with us for a free visa assessment. We're happy to discuss any complex issues or concerns too.

Won't you get a very long queue if you are discussing complex issues? :wink:

Who knows, it's our first time attending so it's a bit of an unknown for us too! Assessments in general don't take too long and we'll have forms for people to fill in if they want us to contact them at a later date to avoid any queues. I believe Immigraton2Oz are also attending so hopefully people won't have to wait too long.

For anyone interested there's also a Down Under Live exhibit at St James' Park, Newcastle the following weekend 17/18th

Thanks for the advice everyone. Think we will pop down as it's not far from us at all.

Rupert- I posted a few weeks ago as I'm about to qualify as an early years teacher and you gave me some advice on that thread too :-)

Adam Grey- thank you would be great to come and talk to you (we will be coming on the Sunday) would if help if I PM'd you some information before then?

Hi I have been twice and you get out of it what you want. Lots of info so its worth it and im now awaiting my visa which iv sorted without an agent due to the info I got from the expo and my own research. Is worth the free eligibility assessment too x

We went to one in Leeds before we emigrated & it was pretty useless. Advice was generic & not specific enough for our needs. However we did get one of two useful tips but overall felt the forum & our recci where more informative

Remember the days when the Australian Embassy in Manchester did this sort of thing free. You could walk in, ask questions of the staff, browse round the library,watch films, no-end of information. Also apply for holiday visas and emigration while you were there. Staff were always really helpful, we went loads of times before we emigrated, sometimes just for a cup of coffee and a read.

Archived