Recession Over!!??

simmo

I hope so..

Analysts say preliminary estimates from the Office for National Statistics, out on Tuesday, will show gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.9%.

That would mark the fifth consecutive period of GDP growth; the longest since before the financial crisis.

In the last quarter of 2013, GDP, which measures economic activity, grew 0.7%.

The encouraging GDP figures come after the Bank of England's revised its estimate of the UK's economic growth to 1% for the first quarter of 2014.

Earlier this month, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said it expects the UK to be the best-performing of the world's largest economies in 2014, with growth of 2.9% for the year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah for a lot of us it's over,but for those at the lower end of the pay scale it hasn't,food bank usage has trebled,fuel/energy poverty has risen too,but people are that narrow minded they just look at the big picture,ignoring those on minimum pay etc,as long as im ok jack is alive and well

good for you. The popes been making saints this week, ill pass you details onto him:angel_happy_face_ha
Is that it?!what i "Dont" do,is spend my life on the internet scouring bad news stories about aus,it never worked for you,fair do's,but letting it eat up your life,trying to make others as miserable as you is poor form,move on and enjoy your life

no it isn't simmo TBH , things iam still not happy with ....Tube workers losing their jobs for a start , so the tube company can close all kiosks on the tube to save £50 million .

Bloody ridiculous , London one of the most visited cities in the world ....the tube , with huge numbers of customers ...AND NO HUMAN BEINGS ISSUING TICKETS AND SORTING PROBLEMS ....BONKERS

No interest in the low paid and poor then? they DO exist btw loadsamoney

I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT MY STANCE ON IMMIGRATION AND THE LABOUR PARTY , AND TONY BLAIR ....but ...if the economy is on the up , now is the time to look after the poor , and raise the minimum wage to a tenner an hour, and create some proper jobs for the kids , not all these piss poor zero hour contracts on 6 quid an hour ....we can afford it ....we are up to 5th richest economy .....seriously ....

I MAKE NO BONES ABOUT MY STANCE ON IMMIGRATION AND THE LABOUR PARTY , AND TONY BLAIR ....but ...if the economy is on the up , now is the time to look after the poor , and raise the minimum wage to a tenner an hour, and create some proper jobs for the kids , not all these piss poor zero hour contracts on 6 quid an hour ....we can afford it ....we are up to 5th richest economy .....seriously ....

You'd vote ukip i believe,im not a fan of Blair,but i'd even take him over ukip,the new british nazi party,the rest of your post i agree with

I got caught in a melee at my local supermarket the other day. It was whoops-o-clock (when they reduce everything) and some pikies were buying 2 cows' worth of meat and trampling over everybody in the process. I don't think it was due to economic hardship though, just a pikey thing ;-)

I got caught in a melee at my local supermarket the other day. It was whoops-o-clock (when they reduce everything) and some pikies were buying 2 cows' worth of meat and trampling over everybody in the process. I don't think it was due to economic hardship though, just a pikey thing ;-)
Pikey?

@pablo I believe that @ItchyFeet76 is using the derogatory term for a gypsy or Irish traveller but I might be wrong.

Yeah i know MTT,because its only them who turn up to supermarkets late when they reduce items eh! A good friend of mine on here is of traveller stock,a girl with a good heart,with a good word and advice for everyone,who has suffered because of crap thrown at her by people on this forum,intended,and ignorant,the ignorant i can forgive i suppose,but just lately,this forum is becoming more of a headache than it's worth,i'm off,catch yer later girl

Archived