How could a mother do this ? I hope she never sees the light of day.

Parley

Guest Guest66881

Because from my view point what you are conveying is, both of your arguments have very little if nothing to do with the OP's started thread.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do u always have to reply wth derogatory comments..first I was pathetic and now disgusting!

Get some cement love, he wasn't calling you pathetic and disgusting he was calling your argument pathetic and disgusting. Massive difference.

Back to the OP. As far as the law is concerned she murdered them, no getting away from that. The reasoning behind it is far more complex and nothing like the murder of Baby P. The old saying of walking a mile in my shoes before you judge is never more appropriate than in this case.

Guest Guest66881
Get some cement love, he wasn't calling you pathetic and disgusting he was calling your argument pathetic and disgusting. Massive difference.

Back to the OP. As far as the law is concerned she murdered them, no getting away from that. The reasoning behind it is far more complex and nothing like the murder of Baby P. The old saying of walking a mile in my shoes before you judge is never more appropriate than in this case.

I was in the process of making a similar reply to xlorna but you beat me to it @northernbird

When I first created the thread after seeing the BBC article, I confess I missed the last para in the article about the disease and just posted as another unbelievable case of a mother murdering her children.

I'm sorry to tink and others if I seemed insensitive, but my mindset was on how could a mother murder her children, and didn't understand everyone jumping to her defence.

It is a very interesting moral dilemma, isn't it and the court case will be very interesting.

I still don't accept that the mother can possibly have done the right thing. there are always other options to this.

The children must have been terrified and it still is to me the ultimate betrayal.

I must say Lorna I'm surprised at your comments especially with you being a Mental health nurse. I understand and agree with your comments about being an advocate for children but I would have expected you to be considering the mothers mental health state also.

I must say Lorna I'm surprised at your comments especially with you being a Mental health nurse. I understand and agree with your comments about being an advocate for children but I would have expected you to be considering the mothers mental health state also.

What comments are you surprised by? I dont think it's right for adults to take the lifes of children into their own hands..being a mh nurse means I knw mental illlness isnt always present in cases where good ppl think it must be...there's bn no mention of illness..no mention of alot of things..we are all assuming things which may not be true

Guest Guest66881
As I stated before but direct this generally. Selective moral outrage by some.

Your replies are very weather person styled mate:wink:

What comments are you surprised by? I dont think it's right for adults to take the lifes of children into their own hands

Of course it's not, but we don't know the state of the mother's mental health. No one would condone what she's done, but perhaps in her fragile state she saw it as the ultimate act of love for her children? I can't ever imagine getting to that point with my own children, but, thankfully, I 'm not faced with what she or her children were faced with. It must be hell to watch the people you love most in the world deteriorate in front of you, knowing there's nothing you can do.

We don't know what support she had (being middle class and having money might mean fewer financial worries, but doesn't equal support). Maybe she was suffering from a post natal illness. Maybe she was facing a future alone with the children. That doesn't excuse what she's done, but I can see why it would mean she might not be able to see an alternative.

It's a tragic case for all concerned.

Yes it's all maybes n perhaps..we dnt knw. .mental illness wasnt reported..we just assume things..but I would never assume someone to have a mental illness just because they carry out an act I disagree with or find difficult to understand

When I first created the thread after seeing the BBC article, I confess I missed the last para in the article about the disease and just posted as another unbelievable case of a mother murdering her children.

I'm sorry to tink and others if I seemed insensitive, but my mindset was on how could a mother murder her children, and didn't understand everyone jumping to her defence.

It is a very interesting moral dilemma, isn't it and the court case will be very interesting.

I still don't accept that the mother can possibly have done the right thing. there are always other options to this.

The children must have been terrified and it still is to me the ultimate betrayal.

I agree the media sensationlise terribly, shock horror, a jaw dropping headline - condemn her, hang her etc etc - it brings out the worst in peoples initial reactions - I must be becoming more balanced and thought out as I get older (I'm only 37.....and a half). On the surface I agree with you PC or course, however one must stop to think WHY and maybe just maybe we all get a better understanding of the underlying problem/s that culminated in this terrible situation before we express ourselves when were angry/upset/emotions running high etc. For the man/woman who casually strolls upto someone in the street and ends there life for no reason at all they should be given the rope .... Unfortunately it takes a situation like to this occur before anything is done (at the root cause of the issue) to try to prevent these things from happening again ie, a review of the case, history, care, support, analysis etc.

Guest Guest66881
Or more to the point from being deleted.

I don't think

As I stated before but direct this generally. Selective moral outrage by some.
is to the point mate.

I agree the media sensationlise terribly, shock horror, a jaw dropping headline - condemn her, hang her etc etc - it brings out the worst in peoples initial reactions - I must be becoming more balanced and thought out as I get older (I'm only 37.....and a half). On the surface I agree with you PC or course, however one must stop to think WHY and maybe just maybe we all get a better understanding of the underlying problem/s that culminated in this terrible situation before we express ourselves when were angry/upset/emotions running high etc. For the man/woman who casually strolls upto someone in the street and ends there life for no reason at all they should be given the rope .... Unfortunately it takes a situation like to this occur before anything is done (at the root cause of the issue) to try to prevent these things from happening again ie, a review of the case, history, care, support, analysis etc.

Sometimes I think we look to make excuses for certain ppl though as we dnt want to believe certain evil exists..this case may very well be deserving of our compassion but ppl assumed it very quickly..it may not too and could just be another mother who killed her child...there have bn countless selfish reasons given for ending a childs life. ..we dnt know what this full story is but we are judging it to be sad and understandable. ..children are dead though, we only have media reports..but I guess ppl will never change in that way and will always judge by their own values

Yes it's all maybes n perhaps..we dnt knw. .mental illness wasnt reported..we just assume things..but I would never assume someone to have a mental illness just because they carry out an act I disagree with or find difficult to understand

I would never assume someone who does something so terrible didn't. I would think it far more likely that they did. However, if it transpires that she just found her children too much of a nuisance to deal with, then I agree, throw the book at her.

Luckily we don't have trial by media or emotion and hopefully the courts will hear all the evidence and reach the correct verdict and hand down appropriate punishment.

Maybe it was planned with the father and thats why he wasnt around

Maybe. Or maybe they had to take separate holidays because they couldn't take all the children together. The oldest child must have a very stressful life and perhaps the parents want her to have a bit or 'normal' time without worrying about her siblings.

Maybe the marriage is under stress and they needed a break apart. We can wonder all we like, but until the truth comes out we won't know for sure what was going on.

Maybe. Or maybe they had to take separate holidays because they couldn't take all the children together. The oldest child must have a very stressful life and perhaps the parents want her to have a bit or 'normal' time without worrying about her siblings.

Maybe the marriage is under stress and they needed a break apart. We can wonder all we like, but until the truth comes out we won't know for sure what was going on.

Or maybe they are not even together anymore and live apart...sad story for everyone involved anyway..thankfully im only reading about it.

Guest guest30085

It's heartbreaking, on all levels. However much you may try to scrutinise it and apportion blame, there must have been a level of desperation that caused the mother to carry out what she did. I feel sorry for everyone involved.

Archived