EOI submitted - how long is the wait?

Robbouk

Hi Tina

Where do I find your timelines?

I have lodged a 190 (65 points) & 489 (70 points), not sure if thats enough to get chosen though. Also, if I am not invited in this round, does my EOI automatically go through to the next round of invitations and so on ....?

Paul

Hi Tina

Where do I find your timelines?

I have lodged a 190 (65 points) & 489 (70 points), not sure if thats enough to get chosen though. Also, if I am not invited in this round, does my EOI automatically go through to the next round of invitations and so on ....?

Paul

So you want state sponsorship? Have you applied for state sponsorship? Which states did you indicate a preference for? Which are sponsoring your occupation?

If your occupation is on the SOL, then a 189 might be a better plan?

I cast my net wide, by saying any State. Because of my age, I needed the extra points that State Sponsourship offers, the 45 year mark is fast approaching me. My occupation is on all their lists (or was), I havent' checked since I applied.

Just looking into a 189, Can I simply amend my EOI, if so, will that cost me again or put me down the list?

I cast my net wide, by saying any State. Because of my age, I needed the extra points that State Sponsourship offers, the 45 year mark is fast approaching me. My occupation is on all their lists (or was), I havent' checked since I applied.

Just looking into a 189, Can I simply amend my EOI, if so, will that cost me again or put me down the list?

Ok you need to rethink your strategy on this, especially if you are approaching 45 fast! You are not going about things the right way.

You need to know for sure, which lists your occupation is on first of all. Then a targeted approach is better, some states would not even consider sponsoring if you have expressed "any" as they want to know you are committed to their state. The other thing, is that only a couple of states actually look at the EOIs and invite people to apply for sponsorship, for others you need to be more proactive, not just sit and wait.

To my earlier question, is your occupation on the SOL (as opposed it the CSOL)? I am trying to find out if there is nay reason you have not gone for a 189 visa. You said you had 65 points with state sponsorship, so you don't need it, because 60 points is enough.

Ok you need to rethink your strategy on this, especially if you are approaching 45 fast! You are not going about things the right way.

You need to know for sure, which lists your occupation is on first of all. Then a targeted approach is better, some states would not even consider sponsoring if you have expressed "any" as they want to know you are committed to their state. The other thing, is that only a couple of states actually look at the EOIs and invite people to apply for sponsorship, for others you need to be more proactive, not just sit and wait.

To my earlier question, is your occupation on the SOL (as opposed it the CSOL)? I am trying to find out if there is nay reason you have not gone for a 189 visa.

Oh dear, I better take another look then.

I will take a look at the latest SOL & CSOL.

There is a distinct lack of 'official' guidance available for this process.

The Australian Computer Society have 'pidgeon holed' me as an Analyst Programmer with over 8 years (closer to 20 years) of experience.

Any help, advice, guidance is very much appreciated.

Paul

DIBP is there to process applications, not to guide people through the process. That's why people either do a lot of research and then top up any missing information or unclear aspects by asking questions here, or hiring a migration to guide them through the steps. It's definitely not an easy process.

Oh dear, I better take another look then.

I will take a look at the latest SOL & CSOL.

There is a distinct lack of 'official' guidance available for this process.

The Australian Computer Society have 'pidgeon holed' me as an Analyst Programmer with over 8 years (closer to 20 years) of experience.

Any help, advice, guidance is very much appreciated.

Paul

Step one is to find out if your occupation is on the SOL. If it is, then lodge the EOI for 189 visa immediately (with your 60 points).

If it isn't, start checking the state sponsorship lists. When you find your occupation, look into their application process, they MIT want you to apply directly. In which case do that as soon as possible.

When are you 45?

Step one is to find out if your occupation is on the SOL. If it is, then lodge the EOI for 189 visa immediately (with your 60 points).

If it isn't, start checking the state sponsorship lists. When you find your occupation, look into their application process, they MIT want you to apply directly. In which case do that as soon as possible.

When are you 45?

45 in October this year :-(

I have just checked myself, lucky you. Analyst programmer is on the SOL, so get that 189 EOI lodged.

look into state sponsorship anyway as a back up plan, depending when your birthday is.

You're a star Rupert.

As you can imagine, I am a bit overwhelmed by this and not sure where I should be looking.

Do I lodge the 189 along with my current EOI (amend my current submission)?

You're a star Rupert.

As you can imagine, I am a bit overwhelmed by this and not sure where I should be looking.

Do I lodge the 189 along with my current EOI (amend my current submission)?

Yes I believe you can amend it to add in the EOI.

good luck

Has your EOI date changed? If so, then you have put yourselves backwards in the queue. The visa invites are done on points order then EOI order.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-14-04-2014/

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Occupation ID[/TH]

[TH]Description[/TH]

[TH]Points Score[/TH]

[TH]Visa date of effect[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2331[/TD]

[TD]Chemical and Materials Engineers[/TD]

[TD=class: right]60[/TD]

[TD=class: right]05/02/2014 1.36 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2334[/TD]

[TD]Electronics Engineers[/TD]

[TD=class: right]09/01/2014 8.50 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2339[/TD]

[TD]Other Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=class: right]13/11/2013 9.19 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2611[/TD]

[TD]ICT Business and Systems Analysts[/TD]

[TD=class: right]70[/TD]

[TD=class: right]04/04/2014 8.18 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2613[/TD]

[TD]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: right]27/01/2014 4.15 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2633[/TD]

[TD]Telecommunications Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=class: right]27/12/2013 6.28 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Analyst Programmers with 60 points are currently waiting 3 months to get an invite. Previously, this was more like 6 months but they have more places now (they removed state visas from their allowance). It is difficult to say if (a) you will get an invite before the end of June and (b) whether IT jobs will be on the SOL next year as they are a flagged occupation which could be removed from the list on July 1st.

I assume you are claiming the points for your age, IELTS (Done?) , your experience (only mark the job as relevant from the date ACS advise) and a degree / equivalent.

I applied for 2613 with 65 points last week and received my invite on Monday. VISA is now underway :) Good luck.

Just to check before it costs you any money, have you had a skills assessment first?

This may be a stupid question but thought Id just check with you before you apply for a visa!

Skills assessment completed.

IELTS completed.

Needed both to get to the points quota.

What is your points breakdown ? I can see you did EOI for 10 before. Did you get it up to 20?

When did you do ACS? Did they give you a skilled from date in your confirmation?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH=class: t-header]Visa type description[/TH]

[TH=class: t-header]Date of effect[/TH]

[TH=class: t-header]Result[/TH]

[TH=class: t-header]Action[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent)[/TD]

[TD]17/04/2014[/TD]

[TD]The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed. The client's claims equal 60 points[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: t-alt]

[TD]Skilled - Nominated (Subclass 190) (Permanent)[/TD]

[TD]21/03/2014[/TD]

[TD]The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed. The client's claims equal 65 points[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional) - State and Territory Nominated[/TD]

[TD]21/03/2014[/TD]

[TD]The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed. The client's claims equal 70 points[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Has your EOI date changed? If so, then you have put yourselves backwards in the queue. The visa invites are done on points order then EOI order.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-14-04-2014/

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Occupation ID[/TH]

[TH]Description[/TH]

[TH]Points Score[/TH]

[TH]Visa date of effect[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2331[/TD]

[TD]Chemical and Materials Engineers[/TD]

[TD=class: right]05/02/2014 1.36 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2334[/TD]

[TD]Electronics Engineers[/TD]

[TD=class: right]09/01/2014 8.50 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2339[/TD]

[TD]Other Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=class: right]13/11/2013 9.19 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2611[/TD]

[TD]ICT Business and Systems Analysts[/TD]

[TD=class: right]70[/TD]

[TD=class: right]04/04/2014 8.18 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2613[/TD]

[TD]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: right]27/01/2014 4.15 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2633[/TD]

[TD]Telecommunications Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=class: right]27/12/2013 6.28 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Analyst Programmers with 60 points are currently waiting 3 months to get an invite. Previously, this was more like 6 months but they have more places now (they removed state visas from their allowance). It is difficult to say if (a) you will get an invite before the end of June and (b) whether IT jobs will be on the SOL next year as they are a flagged occupation which could be removed from the list on July 1st.

I assume you are claiming the points for your age, IELTS (Done?) , your experience (only mark the job as relevant from the date ACS advise) and a degree / equivalent.

I applied for 2613 with 65 points last week and received my invite on Monday. VISA is now underway :) Good luck.

Hi

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]189

[/TD]

[TD]190

[/TD]

[TD]489

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Date of Effect

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]17/4/14

[/TD]

[TD]21/3/14

[/TD]

[TD]21/3/14

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Age

[/TD]

[TD]40-44

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]English Language

[/TD]

[TD]IELTS

[/TD]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Level of Education

[/TD]

[TD]Assessing Authority

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]State/Territory

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Years of Experience overseas

[/TD]

[TD]

• 8 years

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TOTAL

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]60

[/TD]

[TD]65

[/TD]

[TD]70

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Just to check before it costs you any money, have you had a skills assessment first?

This may be a stupid question but thought Id just check with you before you apply for a visa!

Hi Jac

Yeh, Skills Assessment completed and IELTS completed.

Archived