It's happening

saunders clan

Hello everyone.

I've been a member of PIO for a while now so I thought I would let you know that, after an enormously long wait, we're off to Australia in May! Yey!

So, as we are smack bang in the middle of the moving process, I'd be happy to answer any questions about all of the various areas for anyone curious.

That's it. :wink:

Kate

ive just seen it says your a fibrous plasterer. whats that consist of exactly? im a full solid plasterer but always thought fibrous was all the fibrous plaster of paris work or does it mean plasterboarding as well? and tape and joint. we are going in jan, had visa granted in march

Congratulations Kate,

I'm new to this portal, & I'll like to ask if South Australia do request for further information/evidence of financial capacity after applying for State Nomination?

Hi & welcome

I think you will get better replies to this if you start your own thread - perhaps in the Migration or South Australia sections?

You might like to post in the Welcome section too and introduce yourself :) It's nice to connect with others at a similar stage to yourself.

we are going to wollongong which is an hour away from sydney. so excied yet nervous about finding work at same time as we have 2 kids etc as welll but hopefully be fine. where are u off to?

Hello - and congratulations!! How long have you taken to get to this point? How exciting!

It is, isn't it!

We started the process in 2007/8 as my husband needed to have his trade assessed so we could pass the TRA stage. He isn't the most efficient of folk so some of the initial delays were his fault! But then, when we applied for the visa, we hit the global recession so that delayed things further. Finally we had family issues so decided to hang on a bit longer.

I'm delighted we're still so keen to go, the adventure is about to start.

Kate

we are going to wollongong which is an hour away from sydney. so excied yet nervous about finding work at same time as we have 2 kids etc as welll but hopefully be fine. where are u off to?

Yes, we're having all the worries about finding work. Plus, will the kids be happy in school is my biggest concern. They're friendly, happy boys but quiet so I hope they make friends. We're off to the Gold Coast - May is coming into winter so I'm thinking a good opportunity for us to adapt to the heat.

• 7 months later...
Hello everyone.

I've been a member of PIO for a while now so I thought I would let you know that, after an enormously long wait, we're off to Australia in May! Yey!

So, as we are smack bang in the middle of the moving process, I'd be happy to answer any questions about all of the various areas for anyone curious

many congrats i am currently going through a similar process for the brother in law who's coming over as a solid plasterer, did you have to provide much documents for the TRA? he's got his trade cert in the uk and all of his references and owned his own business for the past 10 years what does he need to provide and get certified? many thanks steve

Archived