Form 40SP advice please?

welsh in oz

Hi,

Has anyone filled form 40SP in recently? We are just doing it now and were wondering about Part E questions 43 - 48.

We are applying from the UK and presumed that the question related to housing in Oz, we will be staying with family when we arrive, should we put this down, or have I got that wrong......

Any advice greatfully appreciated!

Guest Paul n Ness

Presumably you are both resident in the uk? We just answered relative to where we are living now - our current home in the UK. They are able to see from the previous questions where you live and Q28 asks how you propose to 'uphold' your sponsorship undertaking if you are not resident in oz.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Ness

Guest linziwilson

hey !

looks like we are both filling in exactly the same stuff at the same time !! We also thought that was a wierd one.... but have just put info about where we live now...

good luck, when do you think you'll be sending everything off ?

Linzi

well the main forms are all ready to go, posted the police check last week, just need to get the stat decs back from friends and get everything certified and then it's ready ! Trawled through 4 years of bills, letters and cards last night to prove we're really a couple, didn't realise how much I'd kept!

How about you? Have you done form 80 yet? Cant believe i wants all jobs since leaving school, I had loads of part time jobs while travelling and at uni, cant even remember them!

When are you sending you stuff off?

Hey there. I am new to this particular site so just want to say hi:smile:I just thought you might like to know the timeline on that visa.

I sent off my spousal visa in Jan and I did it myself(no agent). Got a CO a few days later. She requested me to get meds, PC's for UK and Oz(as lived there before) and gave me 49 days to get everything. Got it all back within that time. She called me for a telephone interview and told me then and there that it had been granted. All up only took2months! Good luck and any Q's let me know.

hi there,

that's really good news on the timeline! Thought it might be quick, we are hoping to go in december. I applied for the police check on friday so they will be back by the tme they're asked for hopefully!

Did you fill in form 80? I still have queries about it and not getting any answers, do you put all jobs down (while I was at uni and travelling in Oz i had loads of part time jobs) or can i put uni then my current career? Also, do you think it will be ok to put my parents address for when I was travelling and at uni rather than student houses that i lived in for a few months only?

GLad you got your visa so quickly, when are you going?

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi, we sent our visa off last week and included everything! We are hoping for a quick turnaround and house sale to go over in November!! Keep checking emails every hour to see if we have a c/o! No news yet!!

PM'd you. But didn't fill out form 80. Is that a new thing since 1st Jan??:unsure:

Can't help you there. Just filled out the 2 forms, Value statement.

Wouldn't worry though. If it is not filled out correctly-your CO will let you know. Mine was really nice and you can call and email them with Qu. The main thing is to get the forms in and they will help with the rest.

• 5 months later...

Hi, Did anyone include a seperate statement stating how you will meet sponsor obligations with ref. to Q28. Advice would be greatly appreciated. I am the sponsor and we both live in the UK.

Hi, Did anyone include a seperate statement stating how you will meet sponsor obligations with ref. to Q28. Advice would be greatly appreciated. I am the sponsor and we both live in the UK.

Hey there,

Myself and my OH have just got back from handing over our completed application at Australia House, SUCH a good feeling!

He is the sponsor and yes, he included a statement to say where we will live when we arrive. We will be staying at his parent's place to begin with and he quoted their address. He then went on to say that we will either rent or buy when we start working.

I think they just want to see that you have planned ahead and made provisions.

This set of questions seems to confuse a lot of people, ourselves included; we just gave details of where we live now, and then included the statement about what we'll do when we get there.

Hope that helps!

Liv

• 7 months later...
Guest cinders28

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new on this site too. I am getting married in UK 4th Sept to my fiance who is currently living back in Oz (he has citizenship) when we are planning on going back to Oz to start our married life. Currently he is renting a room in a house but we are planning on renting a house when we are over there so I can help find our new home. Because of his living conditions now we feel that we can't complete the visa forms for him sponsoring me at this time as we have no idea where we will be living. So, we plan on applying once we have a place to call home. This means I will be travelling out to Oz with my daughter on an ETA. I am so worried that we will be refused entry I don't know what to do - any advice? Also if I don't have a visa will I still be able to ship my belongings out to join me?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Helen

Sorry I don't understand your post. Are you saying you're not planning on applying for the spouse visa simply bc your husband to be is currently living in a share house? That shouldnt' be a problem. He just needs to explain where he is currently and what he plans on doing when you arrive. It is not a good idea to come just on a tourist visa. Are you using an agent?

Guest cinders28

To be honest I can't afford to pay agents fees so was planning on doing it "alone". My hubby to be thought it would just be easier to wait til I was over there as his wife before applying but I am a worrier.

Guest Emcooper

for those particular questions on 40sp, we just filled in details of where we live now, although i think its meant for an oz address. We have also done form 80 as weve heard many ppl have been asked for it.

I did a short statement at the end saying how I would support Steve whilst in Australia, it was hard to know what to put! Hoping to send ours this week. Just waiting for one stat dec back and were ready.

Archived