Migration to Australia from Sweden. Advice needed.

dejani

After some posts here on PIO I have got some advice that I should write exactly what my plan is and then I can could get a good advice. So here we go.

Me (male 34, wife 26 & son 2 year old) and my father (61 and mother 55 years old) want to migrate to Australia.

I work today as system developer / project manager with more then 7 years of experience.

My dad has over 20 years as air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanic.

My dad got and offer for a job and he has a 457 in place.

I have an offer for 457 through Lester Associates if I get a job offer. And I can say that I have so I will have that sorted out in a week or two.

So now since we want to settle for life in Australia we would need to go from 457 to a PR visa. And in my case I will try to get one and later on I will apply for a parent visa for my parents. So I have many questions as everybody in my situation but one question that is important right now is if I should apply for a direct entry visa 189 or if I should go for 457 and during my time in Australia as soon as we arrive apply for a 189?

Our issue is also that we want to make the move to Australia during summer 2014. Please give me some advice. :huh:

What is your opinion on applying for 189 while working on a 457 visa?

I think this was pretty much answered on your other thread. It is always best to get pr as soon as possible, but it does take longer than the 457.

Archived