Maybe moving back to uk what's the costs?

bwatt99

Anyone got a rough idea cost to move back to uk from Perth au,been here a yr and to be honest sorted of had enough for various reason,can possibly get flights cheap due to points I own,sent a 40ft container over wondered what it would be going back or even 20ft I'm hearing it costs more going back.

what other costs have I missed out.

I can't see how it costs more to go back?
I can assure you it does, even interstate, cost 5300 to come Melbourne to Perth but quote for $3095 to go Perth to Melbourne with the same company - go work that one out!

At what point is it worth selling everything here and buying new back in UK?

I still think that at $10,000 for our entire house it would cost more than that to replace everything in the UK.

Some friends of ours used a move cude or 2 and took the personal/main things and took clothes in suitcase and sold the rest...maybe thats a happy medium?!?

Anyone got a rough idea cost to move back to uk from Perth au,been here a yr and to be honest sorted of had enough for various reason,can possibly get flights cheap due to points I own,sent a 40ft container over wondered what it would be going back or even 20ft I'm hearing it costs more going back.

Hi..i`m sending from Sydney to Uk about 17 cubic mtrs for approx. $6000...with OSS shipping...cheers

We got some quotes from Perth to the Netherlands (20ft container - door to door, including packing by them, excluding insurance)

* Around 4800 euro - around $7500 AUD (old moving company that brought us here. 18 months ago it was 4100 the other way around, but we had a bit less stuff.)

* between $7000 - $9000 quotes by a local company (we don't have the final quote yet)

* Getting a quote from the other company soon as well.

Flight tickets between $1700 - $2200.

I reckon that's about it.

edit:

I wouldn't sell all out stuff here and buy new stuff home. Selling it here first would be a lot of effort and we probably only get $2k for it or something.

Just buying a new tv, surround system, computer stuff and our dinner table, dressoir, coffee table and couches would cost us roughly $6k again. Not even talking about all the little things.

we just spent 5k on half a container, we sold most of the big stuff and got new stuff in the UK our thinking was it was worth upgrading (new technology) and getting UK new warranties and guarantees. We brought washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge,TV (although i did upgrade the TV) dinning room table and chairs and lounge suit. I still think i did better than shipping it over plus the furniture is far better quality.

The disadvantage with Half a container is you half to wait for it to be full before it leaves we phoned our movers the other day and our stuff is still in Brissy. They hadn't bothered letting us know. Typical pay up front and thats were the service stops crowd

At what point is it worth selling everything here and buying new back in UK?

I still think that at $10,000 for our entire house it would cost more than that to replace everything in the UK.

Some friends of ours used a move cude or 2 and took the personal/main things and took clothes in suitcase and sold the rest...maybe thats a happy medium?!?

We are getting a move cube and selling the rest. We will be renting initially in the UK so don't know that our furniture here will fit/suit the house we eventually end up buying and the costs of shipping plus storage (as we'll rent a furnished place to start with) would cost a fair bit. The move cubes seems good value for money - I have posted elsewhere the exact cost but I think it was just under $2,000 for the large cube from Brisbane to Newcastle Upon Tyne.

We got loads of quotes and it is more expensive from Oz to UK, I asked why and didn't really get a good explanation off any of them. Any way we chose Grace from MAndurah to Cheshire and paid $6,700 for a bit less than a 20ft. We have gone group age as it was $1,000 cheaper. It was collected on 4th March and still hasn't left. We were assured by the rep that it would be gone in a couple of weeks. We have been told it will go by the end of this month!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Archived