Student Visa Dependents

dingeroo

Hi we are back on here after giving the emigrating another go!!!! The only way we can go is if I apply for a student visa , I have already enrolled at Kingston College in Perth, WA. My partner and daughter are going to stay here whilst I study and then join me after about a year, only reason being is partner has a good job here as he works for British Gas.

What I would like to know do I apply independently and then ask them to join me when the times right or do I have to add them to my student visa on my first application. Also they ask that we can prove that we have been living together, we have been together for 11 years but have always done things independently, will they accept emails of us going to seminars and going on holiday to Australia and show our Holiday Visas? Thanks again for any help in this matter. Maxine, Kevin and Lucy-Anna

You will need to apply for them on your student visa.

You will need some documentary evidence. Or possibly stat decs from friends and family.

Are you aware of the restrictions on working? Neither of you can work more than 20 hours per week and there is no automatic pathway to PR after studying.

Thanks for all your replys my OH is very fed up with his job and is really not looking forward to doing another winter in this country. His brother has just been offered a job in Perth and looks like the rest of his family will be joining him so he really doesn't wan to be stuck here. I can see where you are all coming from but this is the only way we can get out of this hole. Maxine

Just be prepared that you might fall in love with your life in oz and then have to leave. I was very close and I know MANY others who have had to leave after their course who didn't want to. If you are prepared for that, that's fine, I just know how heart breaking it is when you want to stay but are having to plan going back unwillingly.

Thanks for all your replys my OH is very fed up with his job and is really not looking forward to doing another winter in this country. His brother has just been offered a job in Perth and looks like the rest of his family will be joining him so he really doesn't wan to be stuck here. I can see where you are all coming from but this is the only way we can get out of this hole. Maxine

If you can only see negatives about where you live now, chances are you will wherever you are. Something I noticed a while ago, is that those who seem happiest with their Australia lives were happy in their UK lives too.

But more pertinently, a student visa will not get you to Australia, not permanently anyway. The very high probability is you have no choice but to leave down the track, with a lot less money in the bank.

We totally understand this and we have been advised by a migrant agent that this is our only route and he did say that hopefully my OH can get an employer to sponsor him in Australia. So fingers crossed this will work its only hope at least.

We totally understand this and we have been advised by a migrant agent that this is our only route and he did say that hopefully my OH can get an employer to sponsor him in Australia. So fingers crossed this will work its only hope at least.

Why is it your only hope? Studying towards something in UK would provide the same chance of permanent migration, plus it would cost less and your other half could work full time. What about skilled migration for your OH? If he could get sponsored then he must be in an occupation on the CSOL at least.

He works for British Gas as a Breakdown engineer and couldn't go as plumber because that's more out of house and when he gets tested by vetesses they will see that he doesn't do any out of house work.

So what occupation do you think he might get sponsored under? He will need to demonstrate he has the skills and experience even for sponsorship.

what are you planning to study?

Im going to be studying childcare, we went to a good agent though, concept Australia has anyone heard of them?

Stop, stop, stop!! I was going to study child care until I realised that it can't lead to pr, and that was back when it used to be easy. Unless something has changed, the only occupation was child care coordinator which required a degree or 5 years managing a child care centre with at least 20 children to get pr.

I would contact George Lombard, @ABA or go Matilda to talk about strategies.

I had two education agents telling me child care would lead to pr. I had to send them the email from tra saying it wouldn't before one admitted they were wrong, the other never contacted me again.

Studying in the uk for something in demand is a much better option.

Im going to be studying childcare, we went to a good agent though, concept Australia has anyone heard of them?

Ok so it is highly unłikely that you will get a permanent visa at the end of a child care course.

Brings us back to your OH, has a reputable MARA agent ruled out skilled migration for him? If no, theI would try that again and Concept Australia would not be my pick, no. Ruling that out and then he would indeed need an employer sponsor, but why uproot your whole lives and get a student visa, why doesn't he just go over on a holiday and see if he can find anything?

If those channels fail, then to be honest I would just knock this on the head and enjoy the life I have in the UK. Ifyou cannot accept that then look to retrain in UK in something that might come up as a skill in demand in Australia (child care is an outside bet).

Archived