Family Visa Help

wsterling91

Hi I am a little confused about me situation and was wondering if anybody here has experience in this field.

I am 23 years old with a working holiday visa living in the gold coast with my mother and step father who are both now Australian residents, eligible for citizenship in October. I have recently obtained a casual position working at the Gold Coast Hospital in their admin department. My question is, am I able to be sponsored by my mother to stay here. I know I will have to go to an agent for the exact details, but it seems like everybody I speak to assumes that I can stay here under my mother's residency. Is this the case? or do I have more chance of applying for a full time role at the hospital and try and get an employee sponsorship as I am working for the government. I probably have left it too late now as my working holiday visa ends at the end of August.

Thanks in advance for anybody who replies.

For your mother to be able to sponsor you (for a provisional subclass 489 visa which is the only skilled family sponsored visa), you must have an occupation on the SOL, a positive skills assessment for that occupation, a score of at least 60 on the points test and she can't live in the Brisbane Metropolitan area, Sydney, Newcastle or Wollongong. You would have to be fully dependent on her (and probably also a full time student) to be eligible for any other kind of relative sponsored visa.

For a state sponsored visa, you must have an occupation on the CSOL and also on the occupation list for a state or territory, a positive skills assessment for that occupation, a score of at least 60 on the points test and sponsorship by that state/territory.

For an employer sponsored visa, you must have an occupation on the CSOL, sponsorship by an eligible employer and, depending on the visa and your occupation, you may need skills assessment.

To find out if you have any chance of any of the above, check the SOL, CSOL and the relevant skills assessment authority to see if you meet their requirements.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/skilled-occupations-lists.aspx SOL, CSOL - each list has links to the assessing authorities.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ Work visas

Hi I am a little confused about me situation and was wondering if anybody here has experience in this field.

I am 23 years old with a working holiday visa living in the gold coast with my mother and step father who are both now Australian residents, eligible for citizenship in October. I have recently obtained a casual position working at the Gold Coast Hospital in their admin department. My question is, am I able to be sponsored by my mother to stay here. I know I will have to go to an agent for the exact details, but it seems like everybody I speak to assumes that I can stay here under my mother's residency. Is this the case? or do I have more chance of applying for a full time role at the hospital and try and get an employee sponsorship as I am working for the government. I probably have left it too late now as my working holiday visa ends at the end of August.

Thanks in advance for anybody who replies.

No, I don't see how your mother could sponsor you for a visa. You have cut your dependency ties with your mother by virtue of being on a WHV and of course working yourself now. If you want to stay from here, you need to find a path for yourself.

ETA: I should have mentioned, there is a last remaining relative visa. But probably a long shot, if your father is still alive or you have siblings, they would also need to be in Australia. It also has a very long wait.

Dude I have also a problem like that kind. My wife is arguing with me daily to migrate to other city but i have no family visa or a kind of job there so how should I.??

The thing to do is look at the sol and CSOL lists on the immi.gov.au web site and see if either you are your wife have an occupation on one of the lists. Family in Oz are actually not much help as it just can give some more points.

Archived