Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About wsterling91

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. Hi Guys I've been trawling through forums trying to take pieces of peoples experiences and answers to try and get info on my query. But I guess the best thing to do is ask Some brief background info on myself 27 years old from the UK, currently in Oz on a WHV which expires in December. I have a bachelors in law and I am interested in studying a Masters of Social work at an Oz university as a hopeful pathway to PR after having a graduate visa. I'm well aware of the international fees. So my questions which I hope you wonderful people can answer are as followed. Does an individual with a Masters from an Australian university applying on shore for a 189 visa require 3 years post qualification work experience? or could I submit an EOI after hopefully gaining 18 months - 2 years experience or even as as a newly qualified Social worker (straight after the masters degree is completed)? Would I need to to apply before the end of the graduate visa to avoid having to leave while waiting for an invitation to apply for a 189 visa or would a bridging visa be provided in this case? If not, how long before the end of the graduate visa would you guys recommend submitting an EOI? thanks in advance Warren
  2. Hi I am currently working as a casual admin assistant for queensland health, I was wondering if anybody would know if queensland health actually sponsor people to work in non professional positions. As I am hoping I can apply for a permanent position should one arise and hopefully get sponsored by them for that position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  3. Hi mate I live in broadbeach from Wolverhampton, 23, arsenal fan lol up for watching a game n a beer pm me your numbers guys.
  4. wsterling91

    Family Visa Help

    Hi I am a little confused about me situation and was wondering if anybody here has experience in this field. I am 23 years old with a working holiday visa living in the gold coast with my mother and step father who are both now Australian residents, eligible for citizenship in October. I have recently obtained a casual position working at the Gold Coast Hospital in their admin department. My question is, am I able to be sponsored by my mother to stay here. I know I will have to go to an agent for the exact details, but it seems like everybody I speak to assumes that I can stay here under my mother's residency. Is this the case? or do I have more chance of applying for a full time role at the hospital and try and get an employee sponsorship as I am working for the government. I probably have left it too late now as my working holiday visa ends at the end of August. Thanks in advance for anybody who replies.