your advice and opinions please peeps?

kellyjamie

Guest cantwait

Hi

I have no personal experience of student visas, but from what i've read on here, you will always need more money than you think you will. I think money seems to be the main issue for people when going on a student visa.

Hope it all works out for you.

X

Thing to remember about student visas is that you also have to factor in school fees for your kids as well - about $10k pa while you are on the student visa and then if you apply for PR also while you are on the bridging visa. Also there is no guarantee that you will be able to get a PR visa at the end of it all.

I would think that if you were on an international student visa as a dependent doing nursing you would also be charged international student fees. I dont know what would happen if your visa status changed during your course. If you became PR then you would pay local fees but not have the chance to defer them, they are paid by the semester up front. The school fees vary from state to state and according to year level - ACT goes from $9.5K - $13K this year:err:

Guest Pinhead

Hairdressing is one area that oz is always short of. I think however they are more stringent on qualifications ,etc rather than practical experience.

Archived