Anyone flown with Royal Brunei?

beanbear

My husband flew for them for 9 years, and they were fine. We left 11 years ago, but still know quite a few flight deck, and the ones we know are very professional.

friends fly with them regularly, as they buy a return from UK every year as it's cheaper, and say based on their experience of having flown with them for over 20 years, as they lived in Brunei before moving to Oz, they are fine.

they don't serve alcohol on board, but you can take your own on board and drink it.

Nothing wrong with the airline, its the airport that's the problem if you are stuck there for a while. You can get a visitors visa while you wait though and have a look at the wonderful markets.

I'm out of touch as I haven't visited for a couple of years, but if you have to pass several hours at the airport, then it's worth taking a trip to see the water village and get an idea of another way of life, if it's still available, and or a trip up the river to see the proboscis monkeys.

Brunei is a very different country to westeners, and it can be well worth a quick visit, but as far as I know they have sadly introduced Sharia Law recently, and I'm not sure about that, I think things are changing since I lived there.

Brunei is a very different country to westeners, and it can be well worth a quick visit, but as far as I know they have sadly introduced Sharia Law recently.

Yep, that's right, though not coming into effect until 2017 I think.

Very cheap, if you smoke you will find it may not be possible when you have the stopover in brunei, they were building a new terminal when we were last there in June 13 so may now have a smoking lounge, over wise you will have to hang on until you reach Dubai.

Archived