Permanent Residency Reentry after 5 years? RRV requirements

Lotti22

If I get a 189 skilled migrant visa from what I can work out I must be in Australia 2 of the 5 years does anyone have experience with RRV?

I want to get my 189 now while I'm on the SOL list but don't want to come here till 2020 - I'm a vet and thy may be taken off the list :(

My visa was granted late Feb 2013 and I have until March 2018 to make the final move. As long as you make your first visit within a year of police checks or medicals (whichever is earliest) then your visa is valid for around 5 years from date of issue.

If you start your visa process now then it'll probably take around 8 months min to over a year to complete. If you delay the start of the process a few months then you'd probably get a grant in 2015 and be ok to move in 2020, depending on how early in the year you intend to go. SOL is updated in June/July I think so chances are you'll be applying on the next published SOL.

Might be worth running your case passed a good agent.

It depends on how well advanced you are with skills assessment etc. I'm no expert and I'm a bit out of touch with the process as it's changed a bit since I did my application. Like I say, see what a professional thinks, a few good ones will hear you out and give you an idea of where you stand with no initial fee.

Thanks! An expensive risk at that I think I'm gonna have to sit it out crossing everything that vets stay on the SOL...

Another complication is my partner would get a partner visa but I'd have to rely on doing this after my rentry as she wouldn't be able to come out here for the two years between now and then. Would be risky!

Yeah I know at present we've never lived together tho :(

When I go home in July we will live together though... She just listed me on her bills so next year if I'm on the SOL I could apply.

Wow doesn't the visa stuff pickle your brains!!!

Guest guest30085

Hi Lottie

You could in effect, apply for your visa now (presuming your skills assessment is completed and successful) before it's removed from the list, if indeed it is, you then have 12 months from the date of your medical or police check (whichever is earliest) to validate your visa. You would just need to go over for a holiday and then return home. You do then have the five years to actually move over, which if you really like to live on the edge, you could land by the last day stated on your visa in five years time. You can stay in australia indefinitely and would only need a RRV if you leave the country for a holiday etc. The risk may be if Vet is removed before you complete your skills assessment. With regards to your partner then once you are living together you can build up the evidence required for the de facto visa. If the five years on your visa is up before your partner is free to move, you could in essence move over before them on your own, I wouldn't say it's the easiest way of doing it, but I've seen quite a few on here who leave moving over to very close to the five year visa expiration date. Good luck, I hope you find a way

Guest guest30085
Thank you that's very helpful adonna.

Soo.. If I apply now, I don't have de facto evidence yet how would I get around that? I will only have that 12 months from now.

Hi Lottie, you would have to apply for the de facto visa separately, after you have lived together for the required time and then gathered your evidence. It would be more expensive that way. So your 189 visa would be solely in your name if successful, then you would apply for the de facto visa further down the line.

I've seen quite a few on here who leave moving over to very close to the five year visa expiration date.

We're going along this to a degree. We were going to head out this July/August but in the end decided to let DD finish her GCSE's first so we'll be off in 2016 (hopefully) if we had another 4-5 months to spare we'd probably let her do A levels as well.

Our mates who live in Brisbane had less than a month to spare before their visas expired and I have another mate who's still in the UK but will also be cutting it fine on getting into Oz before his visa runs out.

Archived