Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary!!!

Guest YellowGecko

Guest YellowGecko

What can I say?!! This family attraction is ALWAYS a big hit. Get up and close with some Aussie native animals.. loads to see! Kids love it!

We visited 3 times in 6 months..lol.. but last visit was to work, as it was a location shoot for us.

Get discount entry coupons for Currumbin and tons other stuff at: Discount Vouchers Australia - Discount Coupons - Why Pay Full Price

We went on Monday, took my parents and had a great day. Only been twice in six months though! We got the coupon from the website too- only cost $21 per adult with that, good value. Plus, kids under 4 are free, and they enjoy it loads, even my one year old- especially the train that goes around the park.

Jo

Guest peppa

I took the kids a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic day, we are going back with the OH as he feels he missed out!

Guest cantwait

Hiya

We went on a night time tour last August and it was pouring with rain. We had a great night. :smile: The staff were really good, and the guide (I think his name was Rory) was really good with the kids. My 8 year old bombarded him with questions and he patiently anwered every one. It was worth getting cold and drenched for.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a fab day here as well. OH looked like a tree with that many lorikeets perched on him at feeding time and I fell in love with Dundee the koala. We spent most of the day there after getting off the plane on a short trip to the Gold Coast and would certainly recommend it!

Felicity:cute:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nerine

D'you I live a few miles up the coast and have never been to the wildlife sanctuary. We've the BH weekend coming so think I'll take the kids there for the day.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Pom Queen

We have visited twice now, the last time was in December where we did a night tour, it was great even though it rained all night. I highly recommend the Currumbin Sanctuary to anyone.

• 2 months later...

Totally loved this place - though only been the once whilst holidaying nearby last year. Took the OH and stepdaughter, both who were obliging my wish to go there, and both thought they would be bored stiff. Poured down with rain, but we did the behind the scenes tour, and we all really enjoyed it.

Finished the day by boring the OH and Em silly by refusing to go until every last lorikeet had been fed a thousand times. I was covered in them - was scratched to death, and they pooped all over the rucksack and hat I was wearing, but wouldn't have missed it for the world.

A great place doing some great work.

Cheryl

• 9 months later...

Completely worth every cent of the admission price. I loved it. The emu scared my mum I think, ah well! She made a friend, what more can be said? Very warm when I went during the day, did the night tour as well on the same day.

I would love to volunteer there! Work with the birds or roos. I got quite a good bite off a bird last time I was there, left me with a good scar on my arm. Complete accident though. Lovely bird, really, obviously just wanted to latch on to my shirt but missed (fool) but I forgive her 'cos she was a very pretty bird. :unsure:

Tip: do an all-dayer, then go to the surf club - bit of a walk from there, but absolutely lovely food and view looking out over the sea and then go back and do the night tour. I forgot the name of the surf club, but if I remember then I will post it another time.

Archived