help re dependant older child

Waitingawhile

Hi my youngest son is 20 and has been in full time ed since he left school he is doing a degree in IT but I want to add him as a dependant to my visa is this possible does anyone know? He has always lived with us but claims student loan and works part time too!

any advice would be appreciated

also if it is possible if he carried on doing his degree in this country coming home to oz in the hols and we gained a provisional visa would he then be able to be part of a final application to gain a perm visa ( i am going for regional state sponsorship):mask:

Guest SIDLOWE

My understanding is if he is in full time education and dependant on you, then yes you can include him.

If he goes with you though, I think he has to remain in education

Gollywobber (user) might be able to advise you, she seems in the know !

Good Luck

Em

Guest seljohn

our son was in an apprenticeship and earning an apprentice wage, we had to prove that he was still dependant on us, which they accepted and then we got the visa, easy realy - not! Good Luck

Guest seljohn

We had to show a map of wher we live, no public transport at 7am inmorning so he had to use his car, had a letter from his work confirming this, had to say he paid his own car expenses and insurance, clothes etc. We had a good agent - Go matilda, who helped us along the way. Hope this helps. Weve got 136 PR visa

Guest seljohn

I think it depends on what he earns, cost of living etc... but talk to someone in the know before you fill the forms in just to be on the safe side. x

Guest wardy

Blimey seljohn I didnt have to do any of that thank goodness.

I dont know whether it depends on who is assessing your case or what visa you are applying for but we applied for a 136 skilled independant visa now the 175.

I filled in the form they give you and then wrote a brief email telling them he had 2 minimum wage jobs equivalent to a part time job and explained that one of the jobs I paid for his training which is done by the FA.

He was not on a formal training programme like an apprenticeship but he was being shown different aspects of the job but he gained no qualifications.

We diidnt go into great detail about travel, accommodation anything just to mention that once he had paid them he could not afford to do his FA qualifications.

Dont know if its the same with your visa Ian and Liz but dependancy is decided at the end of the application not when the application is submitted which is where we fell down because he decided to leave college after we had submitted.

I think a lot of visas if your child is at university or college they are seen as being dependant without the need to prove anything.

good luck

Guest wardy

Thanks

we have to be there by may 16th :chatterbox:

Our buyers are first timers and know they have to complete quickly thats why we came in a bit cheaper for them.

So fingers crossed we get it through on time.

Guest clayton gang
Hi my youngest son is 20 and has been in full time ed since he left school he is doing a degree in IT but I want to add him as a dependant to my visa is this possible does anyone know? He has always lived with us but claims student loan and works part time too!

any advice would be appreciated

also if it is possible if he carried on doing his degree in this country coming home to oz in the hols and we gained a provisional visa would he then be able to be part of a final application to gain a perm visa ( i am going for regional state sponsorship):mask:

Ian and liz

Hi Rocki

2 of our children were in fulltime education. Our son was at medical school and daughter was also at university when we applied. Things that are good for you to send as proof are the polling register to prove he still lives at home, if you pay for anything for him like driving lessons, holidays, food etc it all helps.

We have our 136 visa and are in Perth at the moment validating it.

Good luck.

Clayton Gang

Guest CathCol

My 16yr old wants to join the army in Sept -due to his age does that mean he is still a dependant as it will be the foundation College he will be at.Thanks Catherine

Guest clayton gang
My 16yr old wants to join the army in Sept -due to his age does that mean he is still a dependant as it will be the foundation College he will be at.Thanks Catherine

Hi Catherine

I do believe because he is under the age of 18 that he is still classed as dependant.

Jenny

Guest CathCol

He goes for an interview in April maybe they will know - what is the definition of dependant? He will be financially independant but will he still be legally dependant on us as under 18?

Bit of a heartwrencher:sad:

as if we go he will stay here in the army - but I am hoping he will be well settled and our family network will be here to support him.

Guest wardy
Thank you all for your helpful posts, this site is worth its weight in gold!! I (Liz) used to work in Sunny Scunny for 4 years and never quite got used to the sulpher smell from the iron works but now actually miss it a bit ha ha.

SULPHUR SMELL :err: SULPHUR SMELL :realmad:

you cheeky bugger :biglaugh:

Guest CathCol

HI ALi - think he wants to join ours because he thinks they are the best !!

Also I thought you had to be acitizen to join ozzie armed forces. Cath

Guest lost pom

hi i am here on a student visa which is due to expire in oct 08 and i have just been told that my 18 yr old son it would be safer for him to stay in full time edu ( he hates school) then he will be dependant on me, we have had unsettled time with him and all he wants to do is get an carpentry apprent !!!! what do we do let him get one and hope he has a low income $300 would not be enough for him to be classed as dependant ??? my mind is blowing !!!!

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: this is me !!

Archived