Skilled Migration without an agent. Help please!

Samlydia

Hi, I'm new to this forum but hoping someone can help me out with some info!

Me and my girlfriend travelled Australia a few years ago and have decided we'd like to try and migrate over without sponsorship, but we've started looking at the costs of skilled migration and noticed it is possible to cut a chunk out by not hiring a migration agent and doing it yourself.

Does anyone have experience of this? If so how easy is it, and is there anywhere you can recommend for me to do my skills assessment which the Australian Government website says you need (I'm a vehicle painter), and also the English test? Do I have to complete the sills test and English test before lodging my EOI?

Would be grateful for any information or help, cheers!

Sam

Yes, lots of people have done it themselves. If you have a straightforward case, it is straightforward. There is just a lot of document collecting. Have you taken a points test to see how many points you have and if you are eligible for the 189 skilled visa? You need 60 points.

If you have studied in this country you will not need to take an IELTS test, unless you need to for points. I got 20 points for taking the test and getting above 8.

I did it without a migration agent. Get your skills assessed as stated in their website- which body- this process an take a few weeks. mine too 8 weeks. If you have your IELTs done in the meantime, when the skills assessments comes through, you can submit EOI. You MUST have evidenc eof all the points you are claiming. If work experience, then have work letters, pay stubs, tax forms etc.

Welcome to Pio

Your occupation is on the csol therefore your will require state nomination to be able to lodge an application. You will need to see if an states have your occupation on their state migration plan.

You will need an positive skills assessment and IELTS before you can lodge valid EOI.

yepp, your best bet is to check each state if they sponsor your occupation. If you find a state which does it, than you before you can get any nomination from them, you need to have the points. Count it, age, education etc. For an English test you can get a maximum of 20 points I believe. So, before you lodge anything, make certain you'll have enough points before you start paying for things. If you do, the skill evaluation will cost you some money as is everything else. Once that is done and you have all the points you go and ask for state nomination. If you secure that and you are accepted, they will tell you to apply for an EOI and will send you the invitation. You can open an EOI, but it is pointless unless you have one of the occupations on the SOL and you have enough points as is for subclass 189. Also, remember that a state/territory sponsorship accounts for 5 points. So if all in all with everything you can manage to scrape together 55 points and you have a state willing to sponsor you, you have a shot at a permanent visa. Hope this helps. Otherwise, you can really find everything you need on the Australian immigration website under Skillselect Subclass 190 and 189. Hope this helps a bit and hope you will get the visa

I got my IELTS result today. Do they go on the overall band score or the individual marks? Cheers

The overall result is meaningless. The lowest mark you received in any of the components is all that is taken into account e.g. 6R, 7L, 7W, 7S would only be counted as a 6.

Archived