189 Visa lodged FEB

Our CO has contacted us asking for more evidence of our relationship... :err: They already have our wedding certificate :sad:

We have been asked to provide 6 forms of evidence, including photos, letters from friends. Letters from us about how we met. Bank statements, mortgages and proof of travel together. Our agent has said this is normal with partner visas but not 189's :frown: Luckily this is the one area we have no problem with. As our relationship is real hahaha.

As they have only asked for this, does that mean everything else is ok? Or will they come back for one thing at a time?

Wouldn't have expected that when you'd given them your marriage certificate. You just don't know what they will look for.

I'm still waiting for a CO.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long have u been married? What a pain..hope we dnt get asked for same!

Our CO has contacted us asking for more evidence of our relationship... :err: They already have our wedding certificate :sad:

We have been asked to provide 6 forms of evidence, including photos, letters from friends. Letters from us about how we met. Bank statements, mortgages and proof of travel together. Our agent has said this is normal with partner visas but not 189's :frown: Luckily this is the one area we have no problem with. As our relationship is real hahaha.

As they have only asked for this, does that mean everything else is ok? Or will they come back for one thing at a time?

Have been asked today for subject access evidence off the back of our police checks. Looks like they ask for one thing at a time, sigh. Off to fill in yet another form :sad:

Wow, they really are dotting all the i's etc. Have now got a CO. Just asked for Form 80 for hubby, I'd already uploaded mine & our medicals are in 2 weeks. :wink:

Wow, they really are dotting all the i's etc. Have now got a CO. Just asked for Form 80 for hubby, I'd already uploaded mine & our medicals are in 2 weeks. :wink:

Congrats on your CO, that is great news :wubclub:

Hopefully mine is just a one off. We uploaded everything, including for 80 for us both, we must just have a really fussy CO. I just wish they would send a list saying we need x, y, and z. But every time we jump through one hoop, they come back with another request, it is really disheartening. Just printed off the subject access thing, according to the website it takes 40 days :cry:

Congrats on your CO, that is great news :wubclub:

Hopefully mine is just a one off. We uploaded everything, including for 80 for us both, we must just have a really fussy CO. I just wish they would send a list saying we need x, y, and z. But every time we jump through one hoop, they come back with another request, it is really disheartening. Just printed off the subject access thing, according to the website it takes 40 days :cry:

Fingers crossed this will be the last thing you are asked for :wub:

Bigmac, take note that DIBP have just updated form 80 so your husband may need to complete the new version. I'm not sure how they will consider it the fact that you've already completed and updated the old one though. If you ask your CO they may ask you to redo yours on the new form. I don't have a suggestion, but this is the kind of stuff that'll drive you nuts when they release new forms.

Bigmac, take note that DIBP have just updated form 80 so your husband may need to complete the new version. I'm not sure how they will consider it the fact that you've already completed and updated the old one though. If you ask your CO they may ask you to redo yours on the new form. I don't have a suggestion, but this is the kind of stuff that'll drive you nuts when they release new forms.

Thanks for the warning. I uploaded his yesterday as I did have it ready but it was the old form. Will wait & see now if I have to redo them both.

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats big mac, thats great news :jiggy:when do you head over? Xxx

We've to be over by 17/3/15, but are hoping to go this year. I'm still waiting on my nurse registration coming through then it all depends on jobs. I really want myself or hubby to secure work before we move. House is on the market so it's still more waiting :wub:

Huge congrats great news, do you mind me asking if your case officer asked you for any information when allocated like the new form 80? I've read on here some people are been asked for it?

I'd pre loaded form 80 for myself then got asked by CO for one for hubby. Kids are too young to need one. It was still the old one though that I'd completed & didn't get asked to do the new one.

I'd pre loaded form 80 for myself then got asked by CO for one for hubby. Kids are too young to need one. It was still the old one though that I'd completed & didn't get asked to do the new one.

I think I will upload mine & other halfs form 80 also then just incase that will hold us back abit, you must be over the moon?

Our subject access form has come back, so that has been submitted today. Please let this be the last thing they ask for :dull: And may next week be the week (fingers crossed). :wubclub:

Really hope that's the last hoop you've to jump through & you get your grant soon:biggrin:

Archived