189 Visa lodged FEB

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much! We are delighted, it was such an easy process. We had all the docs uploaded before we were asked for them, including Form 80. I didn't claim any points for work experience, so maybe that's why it was a bit quicker than usual.

Our last entry date is one year from an Australian PCC (Feb 2015), although I had another PCC dated much earlier (Sept 2013), so was worried we might have to enter by Sept 2014, but we can take our time now.

I Come from East Africa. Been in Australia for 6 yrs. Its the No update status that makes the whole experience horrible. I have noticed, at the moment processing time 4 189 Visa has been set 3 months targeting 75% of cases, so when u apply for the same and take 14 months and no updates, this can psychologically torture even the strongest!

Regards,

Andre

We got the grant letter today from Adelaide Team 4!

Congratulations Ferdie!

That's lightning fast.

Did you apply onshore or offshore?

I'm also not claiming points for work experience. Hope it would be as fast as yours.

Co today :) email requesting police checks and medicals anyway.

It's starting to get a bit exciting on here now. Hopefully we'll get a CO soon although meds aren't until April so there's no great rush. Oz2014 I see we sent off to AHPRA at the same time. That's the part I'm least looking forward to!!

It's starting to get a bit exciting on here now. Hopefully we'll get a CO soon although meds aren't until April so there's no great rush. Oz2014 I see we sent off to AHPRA at the same time. That's the part I'm least looking forward to!!

With all the changes dreading ahpra too but it needs done.

Our CO has contacted us asking for more evidence of our relationship... :err: They already have our wedding certificate :sad:

We have been asked to provide 6 forms of evidence, including photos, letters from friends. Letters from us about how we met. Bank statements, mortgages and proof of travel together. Our agent has said this is normal with partner visas but not 189's :frown: Luckily this is the one area we have no problem with. As our relationship is real hahaha.

As they have only asked for this, does that mean everything else is ok? Or will they come back for one thing at a time?

Edited by M1cha3la