Anyone else fed up of scammers on Gumtree??

3FatCats

I mean, really, there are folk out there who must think people are stupid and have no access to the internet to check things out.... :wacko:

Am trying to sell a few bits on Gumtree, and all I get are emails from "buyers" who want to send a shipping company to collect without viewing, and would like to do the deal via Paypal..... :policeman:

Apparently this is a known scam, so they can either get hold of your details or password or some other bit of useful information....

Anyhow, just wanted to know if anyone has any other suggestions for selling used furniture other than Ebay? Any other useful sites?

I don't know whereabouts you are, but Sutherland Shire (where we live) has a couple of Facebook pages for selling things. There may be something similar in your area? Ours is called The Sutherland Shire Buy, Sell & Swap, and only allows people within Sutherland Shire to join. I have had a couple of time-wasters not turn up to collect, but in each case there was a 'next in line', so the items were sold to the next person. Might be worth a look to see if there is one local to you, as it is cash on collection only.