JanetJackson

Dear All,

I have following situation.

I got my ACS done for 261313 (Software Engineer) back in 3 April 2012.

I did 3 attempts for IELTS and latest one I got overall 7 (8 Listening, 7 Reading, 7 Writing & 6 Speaking) band.

I am 34 years of age.

I have Master of Computer Science and Information Technology outside Australia.

My work experience till date is 9 yrs plus but in ACS when I applied its was 7 Years and 7 months.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Factor[/TD]

[TD]Description[/TD]

[TD]Points[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Age[/TD]

[TD]33–39 years[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]English language ability[/TD]

[TD]IELTS 7 (8 Listening, 7 Reading, 7 Writing & 6 Speaking) band.[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Outside Australia: skilled employment[/TD]

[TD]In skilled employment for at least eight and up to 10 years (of the past 10 years)

9 yrs plus till date[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Qualifications[/TD]

[TD]At least a bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nomination/sponsorship [/TD]

[TD]Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only)

Nomination by state or territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member to reside and work in a specified/designated area (visa subclass 489 only)

10[/TD]

[TD] ??[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The total points are 55 without nomination/sponsorship. I did some workout on this nomination/sponsorship but I am not able to figure my way out from this situation to get 60 points and proceed with my application.

Any help/advice in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Janet A. Jackson

• 2 weeks later...

It might sound irrelevant, but its important. If anyone can, please help me on this!

I just found out today that none of the states have the skilled occupation (222133-FINANCIAL INVESTMENT ADVISER) on their state nominated occupation list. Is there still any way in which i can apply for state nomination?

It might sound irrelevant, but its important. If anyone can, please help me on this!

I just found out today that none of the states have the skilled occupation (222133-FINANCIAL INVESTMENT ADVISER) on their state nominated occupation list. Is there still any way in which i can apply for state nomination?

Yes, there is.

I think you may have been looking under the wrong code - Financial Investment Adviser is ANZSCO code 222311 (not 222133) and you'll find it on the current ACT list (which is only valid until 23 February - the occupation is CLOSED on the list that takes effect after that) and also on the NSW list (but only for one of the regions).

Archived