road trains in perth

stevie ellis

Yes me too. If I didn't have commitments then driving road trains in oz wld be my ultimate job! Did u watch ice road truckers and the ozzie ones an all that? Eddie stobart doesnt quite do it for me tho. It has to be wilderness not the m6

Truck license is approx $1,800.I once went by road train from Adelaide to Sydney,and wow what a great journey/experience that was!I'd consider getting a truckie license if it were me.Yes you do have to long trips,but by law you also have to take designated breaks.The cops can stop you to check your log books ect,and yes they do!

Truck license is approx $1,800.I once went by road train from Adelaide to Sydney,and wow what a great journey/experience that was!I'd consider getting a truckie license if it were me.Yes you do have to long trips,but by law you also have to take designated breaks.The cops can stop you to check your log books ect,and yes they do!
i have a class 2 ridgit lorry licence but dot think its seen in WA

You don't need to do long distance trucking though. We have guys here up North just hauling dirt from A to B when we're building roads. You'd need to work FIFO though and the rosters can be long ones for the truckies!
pit ma name doon weegie , a bet mrs e wud love tae see the bac o me for a few weeks:laugh:

i have a class 2 ridgit lorry licence but dot think its seen in WA

I was in and around haulage all my life till me arl fellah packed it in,ive got a transport managers certificate(CPC) but its not worth anything to me really,just took the course because my arl fellah needed one to get an operators licence for his units, someone had to have one.

I "think" in aus,you have to do a HR licence first(heavy rigid?),then a HC (heavy combination,artic?),then a MC(multi combination,road train?),i think so anyway,dont know how long it takes experience wise before you can progress to the next licence ,pity Geoff isnt on much,he'd know if i was talking rhubarb,or Paul(and Deb) might know,doesn't he drive?

Thats the way i seem to remember it working from previous posts tho i think

Im not sure i could put up with driving for a living tbh,i couldn't here anyway,in aus?

I was in and around haulage all my life till me arl fellah packed it in,ive got a transport managers certificate(CPC) but its not worth anything to me really,just took the course because my arl fellah needed one to get an operators licence for his units, someone had to have one.

I "think" in aus,you have to do a HR licence first(heavy rigid?),then a HC (heavy combination,artic?),then a MC(multi combination,road train?),i think so anyway,dont know how long it takes experience wise before you can progress to the next licence ,pity Geoff isnt on much,he'd know if i was talking rhubarb,or Paul(and Deb) might know,doesn't he drive?

Thats the way i seem to remember it working from previous posts tho i think

Im not sure i could put up with driving for a living tbh,i couldn't here anyway,in aus?

sounds like a lot o dosh pal, but a thought any how

sounds like a lot o dosh pal, but a thought any how

I was looking at the heavy plant courses instead mate,as ive mentioned,i despise cars and driving,not as much as bricklaying tho lol,altho ive just started back for the stone masons i used to work for,bit more fiddly,dowelling and fixing stone etc,but more interesting,a lot of what they do i can do,i used to do it down in Bath with Bath stone,i leave the actual cutting and carving up to them tho,but ive had a go

I was looking at the heavy plant courses instead mate,as ive mentioned,i despise cars and driving,not as much as bricklaying tho lol,altho ive just started back for the stone masons i used to work for,bit more fiddly,dowelling and fixing stone etc,but more interesting,a lot of what they do i can do,i used to do it down in Bath with Bath stone,i leave the actual cutting and carving up to them tho,but ive had a go
stone work is a craft in it own pabs eh? a bet its more interesting than lego though :laugh:

stone work is a craft in it own pabs eh? a bet its more interesting than lego though :laugh:

Theres a lot of coursing stone to go in on this job mate,pitched face stone,and tbh its more suited to bricklayers than Masons,plus they dont like doing it,so i leave them to drill and fix the quoin stones,then i run the coursing stone in between,but im gonna get ahead of them soon enough,i can see that after a day there

So im gonna see if i can do more drilling and fixing of the quoin stones,then run it in myself,its £10 a quoin,and doesn't take that long,just a tie into the steel behind,then drill the stone and epoxy resin a dowel in it

This stuff im using,yeah its more interesting than lego lol

[YOUTUBE]Cbxc22XvQTc[/YOUTUBE]

Theres a lot of coursing stone to go in on this job mate,pitched face stone,and tbh its more suited to bricklayers than Masons,plus they dont like doing it,so i leave them to drill and fix the quoin stones,then i run the coursing stone in between,but im gonna get ahead of them soon enough,i can see that after a day there

So im gonna see if i can do more drilling and fixing of the quoin stones,then run it in myself,its £10 a quoin,and doesn't take that long,just a tie into the steel behind,then drill the stone and epoxy resin a dowel in it

This stuff im using,yeah its more interesting than lego lol

[YOUTUBE]Cbxc22XvQTc[/YOUTUBE]

what type of stone is at pabs?

Archived