Diploma nurses - have any recently got AHPRA registration??????

Monkeylloyd1

Hi everyone, my family and I have flights booked for 30th April so just planning everything. Yipeeee!!! Really excited about everything but I'm having a nightmare with AHPRA.

Have any diploma registered nurses received their AHPRA in the last month? I applied in September and it was cancelled in December due to paperwork problems - long story! I am reluctant to re apply as I have lost my application fee and now the website states they are reviewing the international process. What if I apply again and it is cancelled again as I am diploma not degree!

i am currently doing my dissertation and will hand this in soon (hopefully) but will not have a certificate until September stating I have completed.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! I actually found the visa process easier than AHPRA! Argggghhh

My wife has a diploma and we just popped into the Perth office last week to complete the registration process, she had applied when they changed the blurb on the site regarding international applications. I can't remember the exact timeline, however I know it was one of the more protracted aspects of the whole emigration process. It came within the stated 12 weeks from application however.

am a diploma psych nurse and i submitted my application in August, Uni Trascript was requested again in September and was sent by university, there was no issue about my diploma mentioned. I am still waiting for the for the outcome. I have phoned and emailed in the last few months but all am told is my application is still being proccessed and they can not give me a timescale as they have an inflax of international applications and are doing the best they can. Its just a waiting game for me and in the mean time just finishing my degree.

hi , for what reason did they cancel your application?

Hi toodolou

Following my file been sent from ANMAC they requested some extra documents to be certified. I paid the local courts for a justice of the peace to authorise and AHPRA stated they were not certified correctly. He had not put his JP number on. Ahpra waited until my closing dte to inform me of this despite having the documnents 3 weeks earlier. The man who signed was a district judge they state that is not correct. However he has sent them an e mail proving he is a justice of the peace and they still closed my application. Disappointed is not the word! So now for the 3 rd time I will be paying for yet another person to sign documents. I am going to pay for notary public - but the local one charges up to £150.00. But I need to get this sorted!

so as you can see after bleeding money, I'm reluctant to re apply while there reviewing the process!

I had everything sent to the nsw office. I'm contemplating getting them to forward my file to a different office, but not sure if that's frowned upon. I've since been informed that certain offices are really snowed under.

My wife has a diploma and we just popped into the Perth office last week to complete the registration process, she had applied when they changed the blurb on the site regarding international applications. I can't remember the exact timeline, however I know it was one of the more protracted aspects of the whole emigration process. It came within the stated 12 weeks from application however.

Hi if you don't mind me asking what nursing does your wife do?

regards

jody

Hi toodolou

Following my file been sent from ANMAC they requested some extra documents to be certified. I paid the local courts for a justice of the peace to authorise and AHPRA stated they were not certified correctly. He had not put his JP number on. Ahpra waited until my closing dte to inform me of this despite having the documnents 3 weeks earlier. The man who signed was a district judge they state that is not correct. However he has sent them an e mail proving he is a justice of the peace and they still closed my application. Disappointed is not the word! So now for the 3 rd time I will be paying for yet another person to sign documents. I am going to pay for notary public - but the local one charges up to £150.00. But I need to get this sorted!

so as you can see after bleeding money, I'm reluctant to re apply while there reviewing the process!

I had everything sent to the nsw office. I'm contemplating getting them to forward my file to a different office, but not sure if that's frowned upon. I've since been informed that certain offices are really snowed under.

oh dear what a nightmare they have been to you . they are so inconsistent with applications , im dreading the application process myself . they should refund you if they didnt give you enough time to sort things out . doesnt seem fair

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I am a UK Diploma trained nurse ( a 3 year university course ) and I was assessed by ANMAC as having equivalent to a degree. But, I am still waiting for a decision from AHPRA since February this year.

Has anyone, who has a nursing Diploma, recently succesfully registered with AHPRA please? As I am starting to get very worried.

Thanks

Hi

I've recently joined this forum and I'm sorry if I burst anyone's bubble but I have just been told on Friday that ahpra are refusing my application for registration! They received my form on the 8th October 2013 and they have had me waiting 9 months to now tell me that my diploma is not recognised as it is not the equivalent to an ausralian bachelor degree. The most frustrating part is that I sent my form last year and there was no indication on any website to say that they would no longer be accepting English nursing diplomas. I'm also annoyed as the new assessment process for internationally qualified nurses was not introduced until February this year!! I wouldn't have bothered wasting all my time and money waiting for this reply!! I have been qualified for nearly 4 years and in that time i worked in a high secure hosptial in Liverpool (none of this seem to have been taken into consideration!). They have offered me the opportunity to do a bridging course. I am currently in Adelaide and I have looked at the fees in flinders universty and it says that it will cost me $23,000!! It's a full time course for twelve months which means I wouldn't be able to work to fund this. They have also said I can make a submission (which I assume it means it can appeal) but I'm unsure of what information I could give them for them to reconsider. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this please?? Or is there anyone who has beenin the same situation as me?? I don't think I will get my registration but I feel like I need to try.

Thanks in advance

Claire

I know its weird isnt it. Because if AHPRA will refuse Diploma nurses - why the long wait. why does AHPRA ask for all the extra evidence - and keep on demanding more information during the whole process - when at the end of it - they just refuse you for something that could have been dorted out right at the beginning of the process.

I have spent thousands on this project - and so much time and effort.

I know its weird isnt it. Because if AHPRA will refuse Diploma nurses - why the long wait. why does AHPRA ask for all the extra evidence - and keep on demanding more information during the whole process - when at the end of it - they just refuse you for something that could have been dorted out right at the beginning of the process.

I have spent thousands on this project - and so much time and effort.

Hi everyone,

I am currently waiting to hear from AHPRA, I have submitted all the extra information they require and now they state my qualification is under assessment and a time frame can't be given for this. The whole situation is very worrying. I have an advanced diploma and I am currently completing my Bsc honours degree, to complete my degree so far post my diploma I have completed a further 4 modules at university and I am just finishing writing my dissertation to complete.

I previously emailed my case worker at AHPRA asking whether diploma nurses are been rejected. They stated that they are not necessarily rejecting diploma nurses but they are assessing individual applicants on their own merit.

The agency I am signed on with for when I travel to Australia state that no registrations have come through in the past 6-8 weeks.

Has anybody heard any more info??

K

• 3 months later...

I'm a diploma nurse with mentorship module working towards degree, I'm new to this forum and devastated at the threads about diploma nurses being refused registration by ahpra, I've been thinking about migration for a long time but just made my mind up recently and now the wind is out my sails,!

I am not a nurse but as I see it nurses seem to not be in such demand in the cities now, due mainly to the popularity of the nursing degree here in Australia, many graduate nurses find hard to get a position. Hence the migration organisations will be aware of this. Aged care is one of the areas that seems to be short of nurses.

here's our story so far..........

last year my wife sat ielts and applied to anmac assessment came back in march ...anmac assessed as equivalent to degree.

189 visa granted (house sold for move, living at the parents with our kids)

she then applied to ahpra and has been asked to re send various documents as they were misplaced

she has contacted ahpra on numerous occasions to ask about her application only to be told since summer you will receive an update soon

contacted by case officer to send already sent documents.....cancelled that request as documents located.

noted that ahpra were making special arrangements for those with anmac assessment prior to 10feb and contacted ahpra to explain we were three weeks over date but would have met the deadline had anmac met the times published online for skills assessments.

emailed kim hames mp in august still awaiting his response

now travelling on holiday in November in order to validate our visa

still waiting on ahpra.

just seems to be endless wait for what is increasingly looking like a bridging refusal letter

has anyone on here as a dip / dip he / adv dip been granted an approval letter lately?

Archived