Security Clearance

rafIeng

Has Anyone transferred their UK SC to Australia and if so how did you do it ? I'm currently on a temp 475 visa.

I wish to work in the defence sector within Australia.:biggrin:

Any info greatly recieved.

:wink:

Hi if you find out could you please PM me and let me know I'm DV(TSA) costs thousands and if it can be transferred at all I might as well do it.

Clearance cannot be transferred. But if you are working here temporarily, your status can be recognised by the agency under the Five Eyes agreement. Alternatively, if your company and agency want to employ you badly enough they can sponsor you for a citizenship waiver and you can then go through the Australian clearance processes. That said AGSVA are tightening things up to make getting waivers even harder.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry a bit late but the feedback I've got from several defence companies is that there are very few defence jobs being advertised and, when they do advertise, they get lots of applicants who are already Australian Citizens. Therefore no incentive to go through the Citizenship Waiver process.

Coastie.

Sorry a bit late but the feedback I've got from several defence companies is that there are very few defence jobs being advertised and, when they do advertise, they get lots of applicants who are already Australian Citizens. Therefore no incentive to go through the Citizenship Waiver process.

Coastie.

That's very subjective, its all supply & demand based upon the job. The more unusual or rare the skillset the less competition of course, whereas less skilled jobs will see fiercer local competition. If a company wants you, they will of course arrange the citizenship waiver.

Archived