Am I kidding myself ?

Paddy Chattaway

Hello fellow poms this looks like the site that could finally put me out of my visa madness and throw some light on migration application. So am asking for a little piece of inspiration ,here's my story my wife is 38 ,I'm 45 and we have a lovely daughter of 12 ( going on 18) for the last nine years we have owned a successful sliding wardrobe company , we feel theirs a lot we could bring to the table so to speak inWestern Australia but the crux of it is what we Do skill wise does not seem to be recognised and also my age seems to go against me.So Poms is there any path trodden before that may be of help to us, as I seem to be hitting dead ends.Having completed 2 fantastic trips within the last three years to W.A ,we hope that with a bit of luck our next trip could be somewhat longer so any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paddy, Julie & Faye

• 2 weeks later...
Hello fellow poms this looks like the site that could finally put me out of my visa madness and throw some light on migration application. So am asking for a little piece of inspiration ,here's my story my wife is 38 ,I'm 45 and we have a lovely daughter of 12 ( going on 18) for the last nine years we have owned a successful sliding wardrobe company , we feel theirs a lot we could bring to the table so to speak inWestern Australia but the crux of it is what we Do skill wise does not seem to be recognised and also my age seems to go against me.So Poms is there any path trodden before that may be of help to us, as I seem to be hitting dead ends.Having completed 2 fantastic trips within the last three years to W.A ,we hope that with a bit of luck our next trip could be somewhat longer so any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paddy, Julie & Faye

wouldn't you be recognised as a carpenter? I think theres a market here for sliding wardrobes.. every show home you go into has them.

Archived