Is it possible to get a 457 sponsorship with my qualifications?

Sunnymemo

Hello everyone,

I graduated last year with a degree in Politics and International relations from a good university in UK...My past experience includes working in a call centre, a 2 month internship as a media assistant in a magazine company and a support assistant at a jobcentre.

I'm definitely thinking about going to Australia later on this year and ideally I was wondering

whether it is possible for me to get a 457 sponsorship with my qualifications?

I know there are a couple of people who say they have and I honestly think the exact skilled migration list is flexible...just wanted to hear your opinions and experience or if you know someone who got sponsored and how they did it.

thanks for your help people,

it is appreciated.

I would have thought it doubtful. Normally the requirement is for qualification + several years experience. Go to the IMMI website and look at the SOL / CSOL lists and see where you might fit in. Then google the ANZSCO number for that occupation, that will tell you what the requirements are.

Hello everyone,

I graduated last year with a degree in Politics and International relations from a good university in UK...My past experience includes working in a call centre, a 2 month internship as a media assistant in a magazine company and a support assistant at a jobcentre.

I'm definitely thinking about going to Australia later on this year and ideally I was wondering

whether it is possible for me to get a 457 sponsorship with my qualifications?

I know there are a couple of people who say they have and I honestly think the exact skilled migration list is flexible...just wanted to hear your opinions and experience or if you know someone who got sponsored and how they did it.

thanks for your help people,

it is appreciated.

From what you have written it is unlikely.

If you are young enough you could consider a WHV.

I would have thought it doubtful. Normally the requirement is for qualification + several years experience. Go to the IMMI website and look at the SOL / CSOL lists and see where you might fit in. Then google the ANZSCO number for that occupation, that will tell you what the requirements are.

+1

You would meet the ANZSCO skill level for a number of CSOL occupations which is a requirement of the 457 visa. The majority of occupations specify a certain qualification and/or experience, so your bachelor degree alone will serve you well.

The main issue you're likely to find is that Australian employers will not take you on unless you have the right to live and work in Australia already. For this reason I would recommend a Working Holiday Visa (if you're eligible) which will enable you to find a position more easily and increase your chances of possible sponsorship.

Good luck,

Archived