large sum of money in which bank?

Guest miwb

I've got about $60,000 and like to park it in a sustainable bank with the highest interest return and unlimited withdrawl.

Which bank? Anyone can provide a site with more information?

Hi

Have a look at Commonwealth Bank's NetBank saver,pays about 7%. You need to have a current account too (CBA's Streamline Account), you can then transfer money via the internet from NetBank into Streamline and use it like any other current account. Chequebook and cards are available for the Streamline.

Streamline does not pay interest but no limit on transactions.

Hope this helps

Mike and Connie

Guest John Sydney

ANZ V2 account at present paying 6.25% money available all the time

Also ING bank - they pay the highest but they have no branches etc all done over the internet

Hi

Have a look at Commonwealth Bank's NetBank saver,pays about 7%. You need to have a current account too (CBA's Streamline Account), you can then transfer money via the internet from NetBank into Streamline and use it like any other current account. Chequebook and cards are available for the Streamline.

Streamline does not pay interest but no limit on transactions.

Hope this helps

Mike and Connie

It is unlimited withdrawl from NetBank saver into the streamline account? What's the difference between that and unlimited withdrawl with a cash investment account?

Hi miwb

You will find that the cash investment account (CIA) has a monthly charge plus you are only allowed a small number of transactions (5 I think) then you get charged per transaction. Also once your balance in the CIA is below A$10,000 there is no interest paid.

Mike and Connie

So which would account would be the best to park a large sum in, with highest amount of interest but unlimited withdrawls?

Mine !!!!!!!!!! ,lol,,, westpak offer high interest on large amounts ,have a look at their website for the exact figures ,pretty sure its around 7%,,

Cal x

Unlimited withdrawls?

1000 unlimited withdrawals as long as i can have a couple of hundred of them,lol

Cal x

That seem to outdo Commonwealth's cash investment account.

Archived