Are we a help or not

KIRK AND CO

Kidding! ,im not much help anyway,know hardly nothing of the new visa's,can only help/advise on bits and bobs of things,the people who help with the visa advice,aus education,housing etc etc help tho,they're the star bars,but for me,having never lived in aus,cant help with much tbh,loads of tory bastards on here tho,so i cant leave just yet...

Guest Guest16631
Just wondering if veterens like me on here are a help or just an irritation. Please be honest & if you would like me to leave this site unlucky lol.

.........I do think there are some that are not a lot of help........myself included....

..........but does that matter.....?

..........it's so much more than a migration forum....

..........it's become a social gathering.....

..........a sharing of thoughts and ideas.....

...........a little banter.......and sometimes a bit of an argument.....

...........company on an evening ,a glass of wine and a chat with friends....

...........a virtual pub IMO.....

............post on kirk....!

Guest guest30085

Ah Kirky, I think you've mellowed recently :wubclub::wink:

Everyone has a contribution to make, whether we agree with their contribution is another thing, but forums like this wouldn't exist otherwise.

Guest The Pom Queen

Have to agree with Tink the forum has come a long way and its not just for migration but its a place where we hang out and chat with friends, or enemies lol.

We all have a place here even the irritating members who keep us on our toes.

I think there are those, and I take my hat off to them, who keep themselves up to date on visas and they are invaluable.

Most of us who've been through the visa ringer in recent times have had the 'pleasure' of IELTS so there's always a nugget of info to share on that front.

Almost everyone has a story that has brought them to this site and with it a degree of experience that is some use to someone. Things that seem small to the poster could be important to others, price of food, housing, schooling, shipping or just a friendly passing comment or shoulder to cry on. It all helps.

I don't pay much attention to who has said what so can't answer about you specifically.

What I will say is that there are definitely people who are unhelpful for new members who come innocently looking for advice. Some people treat them really rudely as they ask a question deemed as stupid, or use a certain expression that certain people don't like such as "living the dream" or "golden ticket". Even though I understand the thinking behind some of the responses, I don't think some members think about who they are talking to (or maybe don't care).

The banter can be great when people know what is going on, but off-putting for newcomers. I have met few people IRL who have been on this site but didn't last long when they saw some of what was being said to their questions or others. One used the expression "bored, grumpy,middle aged men fighting with each other" :biggrin: