Defacto partner applying for PR

webbo1

Hi,

I'm over in Perth as a Defacto Partner on my Girlfriends 457 visa.

She's applying for her PR but I'm not. Will her application affect my visa status?

The visa numbers are different if that helps?

Thanks.

Webbo

Hi,

I'm over in Perth as a Defacto Partner on my Girlfriends 457 visa.

She's applying for her PR but I'm not (long story). Will her application affect my visa status?

The visa numbers are different if that helps?

Thanks.

Webbo

Yes, once she moves onto PR you won't have a visa.

Thanks for the responses. I don't think she wants me on her PR application in case we split.

If we did go through the PR process and we split. What would be the implications?

You would both have PR - no implications as you would be here in your own right.

However, if you split up before the PR was granted then you would need to tell immigration and your visa would be cancelled.

Thanks for the responses. I don't think she wants me on her PR application in case we split.

If we did go through the PR process and we split. What would be the implications?

Bet that makes you feel wanted! You will definately split if your not on her visa as you wont have one and would have to leave unless you get a sponsor of your own!

IMHO that sounds really petty of her - what skin is it off her back if you're in her application? It's not like she has to commit to financially supports you for a set period of time? It sounds like she wants to have something up her sleeve to spite you with should you break up, how horrible :-(

Tell me about it!

I did point out that if it was a joint application it would be shared application fees.

I'm exploring the 186 Direct Entry Route thrugh m employer or getting another 457 through my employer. Both have pros and cons.

Archived