Brisbane is the coolest city ever

simmo

:wideeyed:

That's right, the once-boring business centre home to XXXX beer, Broncos and bland office towers is now cooler than Sydney and Melbourne, according to the writers from The Lonely Planet, publishers of the world's most widely-read Australian guidebook.

The new edition, released just before Christmas, describes Brisbane as Australia's "hippest city" and a star on the rise.

cool brisbanites

156277-ae7642de-76a4-11e3-ade2-bf26fc0d1225.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/travel/australia/its-official-brisbane-were-so-hip-to-be-king-george-square-that-travel-bible-lonely-planet-names-river-city-nations-coolest/story-fnjjv0r9-1226796157090

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oddly my comment seems to have evaporated into thin air. To repeat what was written I stated just wait awhile and your city will come around. The corporate in question is required to change the city every year to maintain interest and publicity.

Whether you think Brisbane is cool or still a little bland will remain an individual thing, but I doubt if too many would consider Brisbane sits with the worlds estimation of what is cool and hip on an international setting with any degree of confidence. Within the Australian context, well Melbourne can't I guess be the capital of cool annually,can it?

Brisbane is awesome.

The City cat is awesome. The microbrewery's in Newstead are awesome. Southbank is awesome.Any suburb within 5k of the city is awesome. Restaurants are awesome. Suncorp is awesome. The Gabba is awesome. Coffee shops are awesome. The tennis last week was awesome. The music scene is awesome. It's proximity to awesome beaches is awesome. It's proximity to hinterlands is awesome. The city looks awesome. The Brisbane Lions are going to be awesome next year. Brisbane Roar are awesome. Brisbane Heat were awesome. Brisbane Broncos are awesome. We can get the train to the airport which is awesome.

Take that Melbourne! It's awesome here!

Brisbane has been validated by a travel corporate outfit. Must be the coolest kid on the block in that case.

I don't see Perth winning any cool awards!

No argument there but as I said in my original post in time all will get a turn. Just for reference I would struggle to find either city rating in the cool stakes.

Have you been here. It's pretty cool!

Bayside is nice! You can go for a good curry at spice avenue. What other Australian city has a cool British Indian restaurant?

.....and none of them are a patch on most midland British city curry houses.....no body moves somewhere because the curry is good.

...and the microbreweries you talk about are not a patch on proper British Ale.

If you think Brisbane is really 'cool' then you have a pretty limited view of what it means

.....and none of them are a patch on most midland British city curry houses.....no body moves somewhere because the curry is good.

...and the microbreweries you talk about are not a patch on proper British Ale.

If you think Brisbane is really 'cool' then you have a pretty limited view of what it means

I'm clearly having some fun with it. My earlier posts were hardly deadly serious. Cheer up misery guts.

I'm from the west Midlands I know the curry isn't as good as home!

Newstead brewing was very good when I was there on sat however.

Have you been here. It's pretty cool!

Just wonder where else in your experience may be considered cool? Not been there to be honest and am not in a rush. I do know a number of progressive thinking inclined folk that left there though (same applies to Perth) The world is full of long standing cool cities in my opinion that I would venture to before venturing to Brisbane. I can't think of a single thing that would entice me there that couldn't find in abundance elsewhere. I have lived in Queensland though.

I'm clearly having some fun with it. My earlier posts were hardly deadly serious. Cheer up misery guts.

I'm from the west Midlands I know the curry isn't as good as home!

Newstead brewing was very good when I was there on sat however.

I think we gathered you could hardly be serious. It is Brisbane after all we are talking about.

Archived