Moving to Oz

Brookey

We are looking at global migrate they are registered with MARA has anyone used these x

Are they???

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/?location=&keyword=Global+migrate

"Global-Migrate uses the services of a Independent Contracting Registered Migration Agent which means that a MARA registered agent will handle your case, if required. Normally your case is dealt by an experienced Australian Immigration caseworker who works from our office in London. This gives all our clients the peace of mind that their Australian application is being dealt with by an experienced caseworker."

you want a MARA agent to handle your WHOLE case, as you have no comeback if they don't.

if you have enough points family sponsored would not be the best visa.

Try go Matilda, visa bureau or overseas emigration all have a good reputation with PIO members.

Ian Harrop & Associates are very, very good UK-based Australian MARA migration agents. They come highly recommended. Also, 'Go Matilda' are brilliant MARA Agents. Before you decide which way to go, put some feelers out in this forum about agents: you'll keep seeing the agents I mentioned, I'm sure. We used Ian Harrop. However, plenty of people do it themselves. Why don't you look into it and see if you can do it? It's not rocket science; you just need to have time to spare to do all the 'legwork'; and it sounds like you do. Good luck!

Yes sorry we not being sponsored just get some points towards the total visa for having a Australian citizen relative. Im going to speak with other companies to compare. Thanks for all advice ;-)

You cannot get points towards 190 for having an Australian relative. Only visa you can get points for having an Australia relative and they have to sponsor you is the 489 provisional visa. An eligible relative living in a designated area will give 10 points. This is a 4 year provisional visa and you need to meet the criteria and fulfil conditions of 489 before can apply for PR.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

It would be advisable to run your case past another agent.

I've secured a 190 visa. Used John Adams from immigration2oz. Cost a couple of grand but well worth it IMO. Couldn't submit my skills assessment until I'd passed IELTS. Waited a couple of months for my IELTS test in my area. Then 16 weeks waiting for my skills assessment. Then it all went so fast. Use someone that is recommended on here by people who post regularly (agents sometimes try to post in disguise recommending their own companies).

I used an age because of my age (no time to waste with mistakes) and because I am taking my son out of the country without his dad. There was actually no problems with the latter though.

Good luck with your decision.

Debs

We did our application ourselves. It`s pretty straightforward after you`ve read it about 10 times lol. If you, however, have ANYTHING that might be a potential complication ( job related, health related, criminal record, anything like that), I would rather go through a migration agent.

It is a personal decision, but we, or I did it without an agent, and I work FT as a nurse, with 3 children! Started with the ielts, and went from there! I do agree if you're concerned re medical history, family issues or criminal record, you may like to seek advise. But if I can do it.....so can a lot of people, all the info is there if you look for it, and forums like this are so useful. If you're not looking to go until 2015, you have time on your side too!

Good luck

It is a personal decision, but we, or I did it without an agent, and I work FT as a nurse, with 3 children! Started with the ielts, and went from there! I do agree if you're concerned re medical history, family issues or criminal record, you may like to seek advise. But if I can do it.....so can a lot of people, all the info is there if you look for it, and forums like this are so useful. If you're not looking to go until 2015, you have time on your side too!

Good luck

Hope for me then !! I plan to do it myself , ...if you still have to do all the running around anyways for the evidence/ forms , I just don't see the point in paying someone else £1000s to post it all off for me, I also need to keep as many $$$$$$$ as I can for other things in the big move :)

Hope for me then !! I plan to do it myself , ...if you still have to do all the running around anyways for the evidence/ forms , I just don't see the point in paying someone else £1000s to post it all off for me, I also need to keep as many $$$$$$$ as I can for other things in the big move :)

We haven`t posted single thing, everything was online:biggrin:

We did both of our visa applications ourselves, the 457 to start with, followed by our PR visa. We never even contemplated using an agent - it was so straight forward. HOWEVER, here's the thing that only you will know.... we didn't have any potential problem areas, medically or otherwise, so our applications were run of the mill. We didn't have to undertake a skills assessment as both my husband and I are exempt from this - therefore didn't have to worry about things like number of years that count etc etc.... I have also worked in the NHS for more than a decade, and we both have worked for two UK Universities and a research institute.... (believe me, survive paperwork in that lot and you can do so anywhere!!) therefore we felt very confident and equipped to negotiate our way through all the paperwork, and be able to understand all the 'terms and conditions'. Very commonly on here people post trying to make sense of the wording etc, so this can be a key factor in deciding whether to employ an agent or not. Only you really know your circumstances and competences.

Goood luck.

We haven't used an agent purely due to lack of funds, there has been a lot of research (this site has been invaluable, keep posting, you will get replies) and a few mistakes made along the way and in all honesty if we could afford to we would have used an agent (and we have a straight forward application, 2 kids, same parents, no medical issues etc). But saying that we are near the end, its not easy, but the emotional stress is more than any financial cost!

just stick together and be aware of all the hidden costs, i.e. medicals. Good luck, Jx

Archived