apply PR for my mother-in-law while she is in Australia.

inpeace

Hi everyone. I want to apply PR for my mother-in-law. She is currently in Australia on visitor visa.

Visa type : VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa

My wife is the only child. My wife was granted PR(886) on March 2012.In march 2014 , it will be 2 yrs. Can my wife apply for remaining relative visa (subclass 835) while my mother-in-law is in Australia. There is no condition for "No further stay".

Thankyou for your time in advance.

Thanx

Inpeace

Why would your wife need to apply for a Remaining Relative visa if she already has PR?

If you really mean can your mother-in-law apply for a Remaining Relative visa, then I don't think parents are ever classed as remaining relatives.

There are various Parent visas for parents. Remaining Relative visas are for other relatives.

How old is your mother=in=law? You or your wife would need to prove that you are settled in Australia - usually a period of 2 years. As others have said it is not possible to sponsor a parent for a Remaining Relative Visa. If your mother in law is over 65 she would be eligible to apply for the Aged Parent Visa 804, provided that she does not have a 'No Further Stay' condition on her visitor visa. The waiting time for visa grant is several years and she would need to pass a medical at the end of the wait and before visa grant.

Otherwise as others have said the only options are the Contributory Parent Visa 143, which is expensive, and the Parent Visa 103 for which there is a waiting list of around 10-15 years (no-one seems to be sure about the exact time at the moment). However, these are OFFSHORE visas, which means she cannot apply while in Australia.