18 days to go...

james007

Until I finally arrive in Brisbane! Really cannot wait :)

I land on the 22nd Jan, just in time for Aussie Day. This will allow me to sort a few things like TFN, bank cards, set up appointments up with Recruitment agency's before a fun filled extended weekend etc

Looking at SEEK, limited I.T jobs seem to be posted recently which I guess is due to Xmas and January being a holiday month for the Aussies.

Hopefully when most people get back to work next week and towards the end of the month the market should pick up....

Luckily I have a friend who will be putting me up rent free until I get a job....

I have heard the Queensland job market can be a tough one to get into. If I am unsuccessful after a few months, I may move to Melbourne.

Exciting but nervous times also...

Fingers crossed

x

Thank you guys and girls :) Well I am going out on my own and will be living with him and his GF

But couples like their own space so will try and move out as soon as I can and maybe pay for the weekly shop so they dont think Im taking the p***

Thinking of taking over some nice gifts too.....

Until I finally arrive in Brisbane! Really cannot wait :)

I land on the 22nd Jan, just in time for Aussie Day. This will allow me to sort a few things like TFN, bank cards, set up appointments up with Recruitment agency's before a fun filled extended weekend etc

Looking at SEEK, limited I.T jobs seem to be posted recently which I guess is due to Xmas and January being a holiday month for the Aussies.

Hopefully when most people get back to work next week and towards the end of the month the market should pick up....

Luckily I have a friend who will be putting me up rent free until I get a job....

I have heard the Queensland job market can be a tough one to get into. If I am unsuccessful after a few months, I may move to Melbourne.

Exciting but nervous times also...

Fingers crossed

x

Good luck with the move!

A lot of companies in Aus go on hiatus over summer, not all though. Hopefully fortune will shine on you along with the sunshine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So how is it going down under james007 . Is it all you expected? Any advice would be great ;)

Im loving life thanks , secured a temp job after one week and after 3 weeks were offered 2 perm jobs and had a few other interviews, can't stop smiling like a Cheshire Cat each day! Inbox me and I can offer specific advice maybe :)

• 1 month later...
Im loving life thanks , secured a temp job after one week and after 3 weeks were offered 2 perm jobs and had a few other interviews, can't stop smiling like a Cheshire Cat each day! Inbox me and I can offer specific advice maybe :)

How's things going now ? Are you enjoying your job ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived