Can't people just go out and have a good time?

Jacaranda

Hi,just reading this,worries me alot actually as my son goes out fairly regularly.He's very passive and would'nt hurt a fly but......is he safe anymore???Makes me wonder!It also makes me feel very sad because this is becoming way too common for my liking.

http://www.news.com.au/national/months-of-terror-the-king-hit-violence-killing-our-young-men/story-fncynjr2-1226792203447

Sorry Pabs,I love Oz,I actually read the Oz news alot more than the UK news!I'm just keeping up with whats happening at home.I also have a son living over there who is fairly young and this sort of thing worries me quite alot actually.As I said,he is very passive and non aggressive,but I don't think that in itself would make any diff.Btw,it looks like I have to return there soon anyway (personal reasons)so yes I am interested in what goes on in Oz.

Sorry Pabs,I love Oz,I actually read the Oz news alot more than the UK news!I'm just keeping up with whats happening at home.I also have a son living over there who is fairly young and this sort of thing worries me quite alot actually.As I said,he is very passive and non aggressive,but I don't think that in itself would make any diff.Btw,it looks like I have to return there soon anyway (personal reasons)so yes I am interested in what goes on in Oz.

No worries Mel,just find it a bit unusual that an aussie finds so many negatives to post about her own country,thats all

No worries Mel,just find it a bit unusual that an aussie finds so many negatives to post about her own country,thats all

Lol Well I guess its abit like the UK news Pabs?Try and find some good news and you'd have to look pretty hard and I suppose that goes for both countries hey?I guess too because its NYE tomorrow night,alot of folk will be out boozing here and in Oz so maybe I'm just concerned about people's well being too?Times change so much though Pabs.I've spent 30 yrs all up in Oz,and somtimes when I do read the news,it makes me feel sad about stuff that goes on there,because I can remember how it used to be too!

I hate hearing about violent nights out. Unfortunately it seems to happen in most places these days unless you happen to live in a very small quiet place. People drink too much then want a fight although I wonder if they would still be the same even if they were sober. Fights are bad enough but I worry more about weapons like a knife.

I don't go into glasgow very often but so far I've had no trouble. There's been a few fights in my town when I've been out but nothing to do with anyone I'm with and they get seperated very quickly. I've only been involved in one thing like that and that was when I was a lot younger. A guy in the group I was with was almost stabbed, which was really scary

Lol Well I guess its abit like the UK news Pabs?Try and find some good news and you'd have to look pretty hard and I suppose that goes for both countries hey?I guess too because its NYE tomorrow night,alot of folk will be out boozing here and in Oz so maybe I'm just concerned about people's well being too?Times change so much though Pabs.I've spent 30 yrs all up in Oz,and somtimes when I do read the news,it makes me feel sad about stuff that goes on there,because I can remember how it used to be too!

Yeah i understand all that Mel,im not into sugar coating anywhere,like i say tho,just find it unusual that ive only ever seen negative links from you re australia,unless ive missed the positive ones,just thinking/wondering out loud thats all

Yeah i understand all that Mel,im not into sugar coating anywhere,like i say tho,just find it unusual that ive only ever seen negative links from you re australia,unless ive missed the positive ones,just thinking/wondering out loud thats all

yep heard you loud and clear the first time round Pabs!:laugh::wink:

That's revolting. I would disown my 2 sons if they did that. Their parents must be horrified. One of my sons has got a terrible temper. I mean like his veins pulsate in his head when he's got a cob on. He's never been in a fight though. Just storms off to cool down.

Debs

Its always been violent out there for the young its not a new thing. Just gets reported more these days. Also people are wrapping their children in cotton wool instead of letting them get a bit street wise so when they do go out they are not aware of how they should be behaving. That is they get into the grog etc as soon as they can and the difference is these days they can afford it, drive cars which they can afford so its affluence that has made a lot of the problems.

Archived