Two guilty of killing soldier.

Guest Guest66881

I don't believe in the death penalty as some say these two should be given.

However, I would like to see these two given a special sentence. The one that comes to mind is that they will serve it in Colchester. That is the military prison. I can just imagine what fun my old colleagues in the Royal Millitary Police would have with them - let alone their fellow inmates! I suspect within a week they would wish the UK did have the death penalty!

If that's a refined form of bear baiting, I reckon it would be good.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ex forces myself so have spoken to and worked with the guys out there.

thing that bugs me is that even after all of the death, dismemberment, hatred and hurt on both sides,

petrol is still over £1.20 a litre.

what's the bloody point of killing the children of so many families if we have to pay so much for fuel.

what a strange post!

So would it be ok to kill the children of so many families as long as we only have to pay say 50p a litre?

If you want to stop these horrendous murders, stop making racist comments and furthermore bring all troops back from Iraq and Afghanistan, in what is nothing but a war for oil. Tens of thousands of innocent civilians have been murdered because of US/UK air strikes, don't really read much about these atrocities in your Daily Mail/Sun rags.

I have just read this thread and found no racist comments so could you please point them out, or would you possibly be throwing the word racist about for the sake of it? And what on earth have the Mail and the Sun got to do with the price of fish, we saw for our own eyes what happened to Lee?

what a strange post!

So would it be ok to kill the children of so many families as long as we only have to pay say 50p a litre?

pretty much yeah, that's the government line.

if you can find a better explanation, that holds water, for our invasion of those countries I'd love to hear it

if you can find a better explanation, that holds water, for our invasion of those countries I'd love to hear it

no I would think that oil very much plays a part in invasions to certain countries, however if it meant that less and less people died then i would be happy to pay more for my fuel.

I used to strongly believe in the death sentence, rather than using honest tax payers' money to support such scum for the rest of their life, but as I read through this thread I realised my views have changed. To introduce the death penalty would require someone else to stoop to such a low level as to take another person's life, and I just don't think this is the right solution.

The Colchester prison idea sounds the best one to me. In a normal civilian prison they are just going to find more easily influenced youngsters who will support them and be converted to the cause - apparently prisons are notorious fishing grounds for extremists to find disenfranchised youths - I'm fairly sure that wouldn't happen in a military prison.

Let them rot in a harsh prison for a long long time - although that probably says something bad about me, that I want this for them.

RIP Lee Rigby and any other British or Australian soldier killed in the line of duty

no I would think that oil very much plays a part in invasions to certain countries, however if it meant that less and less people died then i would be happy to pay more for my fuel.

me too, that's one of the reasons I stopped serving. the feeling of blood on my hands became too much to bare.

the odd thing is i'm sure any individual asked would agree with you.

so why, in a democracy are we still as a country doing it?

we all know the propoganda of terrorism is bullshit, and yet we still allow our, and the native children of these countries to be slaughtered.

some democracy huh?

me too, that's one of the reasons I stopped serving. the feeling of blood on my hands became too much to bare.

the odd thing is i'm sure any individual asked would agree with you.

so why, in a democracy are we still as a country doing it?

we all know the propoganda of terrorism is bullshit, and yet we still allow our, and the native children of these countries to be slaughtered.

some democracy huh?

I do understand completely what you are saying but the soldiers in these countries are under orders and do what they are told.

With regards to the two animals in question they ran over a soldier from behind because they were to cowardly to face him and then proceeded to try and cut his head off, there is no place for that on our streets or on any street for that matter regardless of what they feel is wrong or right.

I knew a couple of lads went to Colchester, they became far better soldiers, and individuals. I say, let these two loose in the Welsh mountains, and allow the SAS a decent real life shoot to kill training exercise!

Yep. Col offers two sides. One of developing as a person the other hell. I know which side these two would be on.

Normal soldiers on short sentences can often come out promoted. Those with more "interesting" crimes come out terrified of the place within months.

People can't have it both ways though. On one hand we hear terrible stories and people saying we should take more asylum seekers , the other hand stay out and don't interfere, it's a cultural thing . I don't doubt the dubious nature of foreign policy of the uk and America sometimes but one of the two murderers spoke at a rally calling for western intervention in Syria . Look at how Libya turned out. . Seems they want help to achieve their goals then want us out straight away to embark on sectarian blood letting .

People can't have it both ways though. On one hand we hear terrible stories and people saying we should take more asylum seekers , the other hand stay out and don't interfere, it's a cultural thing . I don't doubt the dubious nature of foreign policy of the uk and America sometimes but one of the two murderers spoke at a rally calling for western intervention in Syria . Look at how Libya turned out. . Seems they want help to achieve their goals then want us out straight away to embark on sectarian blood letting .

Why would you bring the subject of asylum seekers into a thread about mindless murderers?

Funny that you didn't ask that question on the animal rights. , stop this now thread .

Id say the post was quite obvious. , unless you're ideologically challenged. , for want of a better description . I'll spell it out again , bearing in mind you never managed to answer the same question a couple of years ago .

I replied , specifically to a thread by 'joe strummer' . Asylum seekers , refugees , displaced people , call them what you will . The product of **** governments , tyrants , civil war , religious war and terror .my point is some people say how bad it is and we should take them . But so often is the case that the very same people loathe to see any intervention claiming some kind of imperial western aggression .

Before you get too excited I'm not suggesting that the two scum bags were asylum seekers or refugees nor were that I know of the other terrorists on british soil ( May be their mentors though )

so the link is interfering in foreign countries ,and refugees . Is the situation that bad that we should intervene , or not so bad that refugee status isn't warranted ?

Funny that you didn't ask that question on the animal rights. , stop this now thread .

Id say the post was quite obvious. , unless you're ideologically challenged. , for want of a better description . I'll spell it out again , bearing in mind you never managed to answer the same question a couple of years ago .

I replied , specifically to a thread by 'joe strummer' . Asylum seekers , refugees , displaced people , call them what you will . The product of **** governments , tyrants , civil war , religious war and terror .my point is some people say how bad it is and we should take them . But so often is the case that the very same people loathe to see any intervention claiming some kind of imperial western aggression .

Before you get too excited I'm not suggesting that the two scum bags were asylum seekers or refugees nor were that I know of the other terrorists on british soil ( May be their mentors though )

so the link is interfering in foreign countries ,and refugees . Is the situation that bad that we should intervene , or not so bad that refugee status isn't warranted ?

A young British Soldier was killed on British Soil, it is treason!

Sorry Dave I don't know what libralisum means.

Sorry to have upset your right wing sensibilities folks, but you lot appear to be like a flock of sheep, believing everything you read in the tabloid press. Causalities of the West’s invasion and nine-year occupation are estimated by a new academic study at around 500,000 deaths from “war related causes”. The most of these deaths innocent civilians including women and children. I am by no means condoning the death of Lee Rigby, it was an act of barbarism, but I can understand why people are drawn to extremism, when the west continues to bomb the hell out of their country.

I completely agree. I am third generation career military and grieve equally for so very many unnecessary innocent deaths as I do for the serviceman who has no choice but to follow US dictates (for they now have taken the baton from the British Empire),----and then return in a body bag.

I do not want a tricolour flag for my child or husband. These ARE politically motivated 'wars' and so many military past and present are fully aware of that.

My late father was one of the retired officers who tried so desperately to stop the Government following their masters into the Iraq invasion. Why should very senior ranking retired career officers (ergo 'establishment') try so hard? Because they were able to speak freely, and because they knew it was wrong.

The oft used excuse of 'they want us to protect then from oppression, then they complain' has a hollow ring. 'Democratic' Western Governments have ignored oppression and genocide for decades. 'Liberation' only occurs if there is something to be gained.

What a load of nonsense. Trying to cover your argument by spouting a blanket, overreacted comment by saying people here are 'right wing'.

So in Afghanistan, it is ok for the brutal treatment of woman, the protection of Al Qaeda and the production of Heroin? I suppose, in your eyes, that's ok then?

Since you are into 'academic study', please research the term Liberalism.

You too have just made a blanket statement. At the point of invasion the Muja were only holding the Panshir Valley, they were imminently to be defeated. The West could not allow the Tali to have control, Afghanistan is geographically strategic. We know the rest.

Unfortunately they have remained and the death and destruction is off the scale, as it was in Iraq. BUT there have been very lucrative building programmes netting billions to US companies like Halliburton who one odious US politician is directly connected to.

It is the nice liberal Muja who use 'pleasure boys', youngsters who are used by them in return for favours to their families.

All I'm saying is that no one is a 'hero'. So very very many have died. The naivety of believing that this was all done to 'liberate' is astounding! It has been done for political gain.

Boy! you put it badly! Did you mean that for all that destruction over oil-we still did not get cheaper petrol?

Quite right. It wasn't about us; it was about them-and billions in profit.

When we invaded the Muslim world we woke a sleeping Tiger-we bit off more than we could chew. It is the West not the middle East that caused such a massive increase in fundamentalism.

'Al Qaeda' is a title given by the US-dammit! what was his name? simply picked it up and used it to his advantage (has anyone even wondered why the son of a multi millionaire would place himself in constant danger, when he could have lived like a King?)

Something is wrong.

Countless thousands of innocents have died. Our own servicemen have died. Very few have spoken out. Cindy Sheehan in the US was the first Mother to speak out-her son was returned in a body bag.

Lee Rigby IS a casualty of this ugliness. That poor young man must have suffered so horribly before he passed into peace.

I care little about martyrdom-if we become concerned about denying them that, then we are buying in to their belief system.

Personally I would have shot them both dead, and I do want to see them executed.

I am just saddened as to how this has all come about. We are NOT blameless; we have to face that.

A lot of sense and facts peccavi . Why were there no protests as much in the Balkans , was that strategic or just the fact it was part of Europe ? No terrorist attacks from Serbs in London or US from orthodox Christians , no flocking to join the fight against the great satan . Like I've asked before what makes intervention ok against some tyrants but not others .

peccavi, beautiful. this is the point that needs to be realised.

quite apart from the party line portrayed in the papers, we as a coalition have the blood of 10's of thousands on our hands.

if the uk were invaded and 10's of thousands of our civilians were 'collaterally damaged' how would we respond?

i think personally our response in the western world would be far more than flying a few planes into some buildings and the odd suicide attack.

we are exploiting a pacifist people, no matter what the media may tell you.

You too have just made a blanket statement. At the point of invasion the Muja were only holding the Panshir Valley, they were imminently to be defeated. The West could not allow the Tali to have control, Afghanistan is geographically strategic. We know the rest.

It is the nice liberal Muja who use 'pleasure boys', youngsters who are used by them in return for favours to their families.

All I'm saying is that no one is a 'hero'. So very very many have died. The naivety of believing that this was all done to 'liberate' is astounding! It has been done for political gain.

Yes and no....the bottom line is the details I have pointed out have been an issue for many years before the British and American troops went into Afghanistan...even during the time when the UK Gov supported the Taliban with resources whilst the Taliban were fighting against Russia. Has it made a difference? Of course not. No country has managed to tackle Afghanistan with success. The first line of my point that you highlighted, which I was making to 'Joe Strummer' who told everyone who posted their views on this thread that they are 'right wing'. Have a read for yourself.

People are horrified when 'our' soldiers are killed (either home or abroad), but isn't that what this whole sorry business is about (i.e, we started this 'war' on terror, so we have to put up with the consequences)? Some people tend to forget about the thousands of people (many innocents) getting killed by our hands. Truly ridiculous attitude. My brother wants to join the army next year - I will do my very best to persuade him not to. (EDIT) - Just to add that Lee Rigby's killing was horrendous (any normal-thinking human would think that), but we mustn't forget what we are inflicting on others either.

People are horrified when 'our' soldiers are killed (either home or abroad), but isn't that what this whole sorry business is about (i.e, we started this 'war' on terror, so we have to put up with the consequences)? Some people tend to forget about the thousands of people (many innocents) getting killed by our hands. Truly ridiculous attitude. My brother wants to join the army next year - I will do my very best to persuade him not to. (EDIT) - Just to add that Lee Rigby's killing was horrendous (any normal-thinking human would think that), but we mustn't forget what we are inflicting on others either.

Yes, let's not forget that last line - more than horrendous

Some of you moralising on here, should remember one thing, it is not the military sending our lads into other country's, it is the politicians that we elect. Having a religion using that blanket as justification to kill unarmed troops, in a cowardly manner I might add, is wrong on so many levels. Islam, is not a peacefull religion, and you only have to look at the country's ruled by it to see this. We have our fingers in our ears, eyes shut, saying blah blah blah!, by the time some of you wake up to the threat, it will be far too late.

Guest Guest66881

So if all nations who are in countries they shouldn't be pulled out today the stupidity of suicide bombers and the like would stop also?

I don't think so, do you?

Archived