457 visa

garethevans

I am applying for a sponsored 457 with my family. My son had a recent operation to cure SVT so we needed to complete a medical and the results were sent off straight away but that is the only concern I have if I am honest. We had our final meeting at Great Ormond street and they confirmed that everything was clear and there is no reason to meet again which is a relief.

Hi Gareth,

Standard Business Sponsorships, Nominations and 457 visas get rejected for a wide variety of reasons, just like all other visa classes.

Because its a temporary visa, medical issues aren't as much of a problem as they would be for a Permanent Residency Visa. It's common for them to ask for additional examinations to see what impact a condition will have (as it sounds like they have done regarding your son), but they are less concerned as there won't be the same financial impact to the Australian healthcare system. It's also an obligation to maintain health insurance throughout the term of the visa, so this makes them a little more lenient as well.

The only likely impact is a delay while they assess the medical condition. It's also not a 'one fail, all fail' situation like a lot of visa classes, so it's entirely possible to obtain a split decision (not that you'd want that).

Hi guys

I think is the sceptic in me but has anyone had a 457 rejected and if so for what reasons? I have read stories of family members not included but no one rejected outright

Plenty of 457 visas are rejected. There wouldn't be an approval process if it were a given..

Agreed, we have seen lots of people fail. Normal reasons are Medicals, not being qualified enough, not fitting a sol or csol job description closely enough and the company not ticking all the boxes they need to with things like turn over and current permanent staff, training budged etc. (normally if a small company).

No not at all

You just have to wait and see. And don't make any decisions like handing in notice or selling house or taking children out of school until you have your visa. As somebody already mentioned, the medical situation is not likely to be the main issue for a temporary visa.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I know nothing about the condition you've mentioned but you have stated that he's cured and needs no further treatment, it's unlikely to cause anything other than a delay. Conditions that will involve expensive on-going treatment are the ones that will cause a problem.

Archived