Ahpra timeline

Edzi

Hi just wondered if nurses wanted to post timelines for ahpra across various states to give an idea for all us applicants at current timings. I sent mine off to Perth on 31st October. Perth ahpra received 13th November. They also received my certificate of goodstanding on 27th November so now they say they have everything and it is in a queue for processing. Anyone who has gone through this process any ideas how long this could take? We could also keep this post updated with any problems or information that arises and see if anyone can help.

Thanks

Hi, they received my application on the 1st october. They sent me 3 weeks ago that they needed some further documents. I called them to tell them that the documents needed were in their possession with my old surname and the lady on the phone said that she can see alot of documents under my old surname and she will inform my officer. From then I did not hear a thing and when I called they told me that its under assessment. I hope the officer isn't still waiting for my documents. It is impossible to reach them directly. Its confusing and tiring. I cant leave before I get the registration. I got my visa but this is keeping me on hold now!!! Now I am worried that they go out on Christmas holidays too.

• 4 weeks later...
Brisbane received my documents for registration on oct 28th its over 10 weeks now and im still waiting for my LOE, when i ring they tell me its under assessment and they are unable to give me a time frame. Aaarrrggg so frustrating.

Same here. It is really a disappointment due that their usual time frame is way to over.!!!! hope we ll get it soon.

• 1 month later...
toying between sending to perth or darwin

I sent mine to Darwin purely in the hope that they are a bit quieter. I've contacted my uni & NMC to try & get the extra proof everyone keeps getting asked for to meet criteria 2,3 & 8. My transcript that I sent to ANMAC only stated pharmacology and the uni told me they couldn't expand on this as they didn't hold that information. Am hoping the NMC can offer further information as my initial degree was completed back in 1991.

Just in the process of sending my ANMAC application then plan to apply to APHRA. I wanted to clarify that it is still okay to send APHRA application to any state (as opposed the the state I intend to work - NSW). Can anyone advise?

Thanks

I sent mine to Darwin purely in the hope that they are a bit quieter. I've contacted my uni & NMC to try & get the extra proof everyone keeps getting asked for to meet criteria 2,3 & 8. My transcript that I sent to ANMAC only stated pharmacology and the uni told me they couldn't expand on this as they didn't hold that information. Am hoping the NMC can offer further information as my initial degree was completed back in 1991.

what a pain! did the nmc say they will do something for you ? ive noticed some template letters added to the ahpra website fir cruteria 2 and 3 , do we need to print them off and post them to nmc and uni ?

what a pain! did the nmc say they will do something for you ? ive noticed some template letters added to the ahpra website fir cruteria 2 and 3 , do we need to print them off and post them to nmc and uni ?

I haven't sent the templates as they hadn't been put up until after I'd requested the additional information. I've only had the routine response from the NMC saying they aim to deal with things within 30 days. Hate not having control of this. I suppose I'll find out more once AHPRA contact me most likely looking for further info.

yes there are templates up now , but not for criteria 8 i.e. pharmacology.

its been a battle for me to get anmacs stuff from uni so i know im going to have a battle for this new ahpra stuff . the NMC... do you contact verifications department by email? or a different department ? good luck with it all :)

yes there are templates up now , but not for criteria 8 i.e. pharmacology.

its been a battle for me to get anmacs stuff from uni so i know im going to have a battle for this new ahpra stuff . the NMC... do you contact verifications department by email? or a different department ? good luck with it all :)

I did it by email but will probably end up phoning them if I don't hear anything back just so I can check they have actually done it.

• 1 month later...

I haven't sent mine off yet, i'm hoping to send it off in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on my certificate of employment letter again (it was signed by HR team leader, not manager - that won't do will it?!) and i need to get my friend to notarize my documents.

I am worried though, i've already booked my flight for the 2nd January, first to south east asia and then onto Australia. 7 and a half months should be enough time shouldn't it? I think i've done everything they've asked, if not more. NMC are also being really slow at the moment and not getting back to me. I wish i'd done that ages ago, i only send the email a couple of weeks ago.

Which office is the fastest at the moment?

• 1 month later...

I am completely confused by the criteria 1-8 that has to be met .... is there anyone out there who has successfully met all these requirements. Criteria 2 and 8 have to be met by Uni and 3 by the NMC but can anyone tell me easiest way around the rest? Thanks in advance xx

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please advise- I'm getting ready to send my ahpra application but now almost complete I'm a bit confused.

Do I tick box to say I've completed an approved program of study when I've completed a nursing degree in uk?

I'm completing ahpra agen-40 form as I've previously been registered in Victoria.

Also I don't follow the posts re. Pharmacology evidence I've been reading. Do they ask for this after application sent? All my syllabus info was sent direct to ANMAC and I'm getting them to send on to ahpra.

Thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...

I sent my application in november 2013 and im still waiting. AHPRA are so incompetent. it took them 9 months to tell me it had been rejected because i only had a diploma and not a degree, this should of been picked up straight away but it wasnt. They then said i could appeal, this had to be in by 31st october 2014 and would you believe im still waiting on their decision. the last email i sent they said id hear within 3-4 weeks, the 4 weeks is up on thursday. I have permanent residency already but had to return back to the uk because i couldnt get any work. They are a complete joke and play with peoples lives.

I sent my application to the Sydney department at the end of February 2015. They acknowledged receipt on the 13th March, and now it's just a waiting game. NMC and Uni have said they've forwarded the relevant information, this was posted before I got the application to them but I can't see that being s problem tbh, I'd love to know how they go about filing everything, must be a nightmare for them.

To be fair, with the amount of people who have been on the forum who say they keep chasing AHPRA I'm not surprised they take forever, they are probably on the phone all the time answering questions !! I'm almost tempted to ring them but I wont, they've told me they have the application, we have to just sit tight now and be patient

Archived