Caroline springs Not in top 300 survey why?

ausHWC

Hi All,

We're new, so excuse us for going over covered grounds, but we wondered why is there no rating or ranking of Caroline Springs in the suburb surveys? (any of the rankings and stats).

We are thinking of relocating there as job offer is there, so been researching about Caroline Springs, if anyone has info and opinions on it we would be very appreciative of your advice; in particular on:

1. Internet availability? good speed?

2. Safe area?

3. Schools good?

4. Amenities, like availability of leisure centres, gyms, cinemas, kids playgroups, etc

5. Healthcare provisions? good surgeries and pharmacies available?

6. Parking around the area is easy and free?

7. Is there much airplane noise traffic? as its near airport could be in flight path of airplanes?

Thanks all, looking forward to any responses...

Hi All,

We're new, so excuse us for going over covered grounds, but we wondered why is there no rating or ranking of Caroline Springs in the suburb surveys? (any of the rankings and stats).

We are thinking of relocating there as job offer is there, so been researching about Caroline Springs, if anyone has info and opinions on it we would be very appreciative of your advice; in particular on:

1. Internet availability? good speed?

2. Safe area?

3. Schools good?

4. Amenities, like availability of leisure centres, gyms, cinemas, kids playgroups, etc

5. Healthcare provisions? good surgeries and pharmacies available?

6. Parking around the area is easy and free?

7. Is there much airplane noise traffic? as its near airport could be in flight path of airplanes?

Thanks all, looking forward to any responses...

My daughter lives in the new houses in Burnside Heights, which adjoins Caroline Springs. You cannot actually tell the difference between the 2 areas. We have stayed with her many times. The internet speed is fine. I can find out which company she is with if you wish me to. My wife thinks that she is with Telstra.

The area is pretty safe, though like many other areas it does have it's problems, but they are nothing compared to other areas nearby such as Deer Park.

I do not know what the schools are like, other than that they are quite new.

Nearest cinemas are at Watergarden Shopping Centre, about a 10 minute drive away.

There is a shopping centre in the Springs that has a chemist in there, as well as an Aldi and a Safeway a Post Office a Reject Shop, a Target store, a Commonwealth Bank, a couple of bakeries, a butchers, and a few more speciality shops, some takeaways on the outside, real estate agents, a couple of Doctors surgeries, one being a bulk billing one, and a library just across the road.

There are a couple of gyms there, one that my daughter taught Body Attack classes at.

There is a police station opposite the shopping centre, as well as a McDonalds, with a Hungry Jacks being located at the entrance to the Springs.

Any other questions I will try and get the answers from my daughter for you.

I am not sure about childrens playgroups, but I would think that there would be some in the vicinty.

The parking is all free.

You can hear the planes, but it is not very loud at all. (Daughter is a flight attendant cabin manager for Jetstar). It is about a 20 minute drive to the airport using the back roads.

On the main road past the Springs, there are 2 large hardware stores, (Bunnings and Masters).

Thanks for the info Celt, really much appreciated, just wondered why Caroline springs does not feature in any of the 'most liveable suburb' surveys? was worried that it is so bad that it did not even make the top 300!!? Overall sounds decent and positive.

Looking at streeview google maps, looks like alot of development going on, (that was 2010) is it still like this? many construction and development of houses?

What would you say the cultural mix is like there in springs? eg: mainly national aussies? or POMS? or mix with asians?

Thanks again.

Yes, still a lot of construction ongoing. I would not have a probem living in the Springs. It is a whole new suburb and they built the infrastructure as it was going up, such as the shopping centre etc. The lake adjacent to the shopping centre is a most pleasant area to walk around, and there is a small kiddies playground adjacent to the lake.

There are also buses running into the area, but I am unsure where they run to.

Within a 15 minute drive there is a large shopping mall called Highpoint, with a huge range of shops in there, with the Watergardens Mall being a little smaller.

As far as the cultural mix goes, it seems to be mainly Australian, with a fair sprinkling of Indians, Middle Eaterners, some Asians, and a few Poms. I am sure that there is a website available that may give an idea of the cultural mix. Email the council website for that area to see if they can give you an idea.

I usually do a fair amount of walking when I go up there, and I have always found the people I meet to be friendly and chatty.

I don't know why it wouldn't be in the top 300, from what I understand it's a great place to be. I don't personally have much experience with the place but my boss lives there and loves it.

He has an 11 year old just about to start school there and he is quite impressed with the programs on offer. He could quite easily afford to send her to private school but has chosen public.

From what I understand it's mainly Aussie but as any area a good mix of other nationalities.

I live in point cook which is a new area similar to Caroline springs and we have lots of young families so I would guess Caroline springs does too

Hi,

We live in Caroline Springs and are just building here at the moment, we located from the UK in Oct 2011, we have 2 children in local schools and are doing really well. The area is great for access to all parts of Melbourne and you have a couple of routes out into the city. Shout out when your next up here and we are more than willing to answer any questions over a coffee. Regards Donna.

Suburb surveys are often heavily weighted for access to public transport and access to jobs close by. Caroline Springs does not have a railway station and most people have to drive some distance to work. It is also a fair distance to a hospital. All of these things affect suburb ratings. I don't live there, but I do not live that far away and it has always struck me as a pleasant place to live. It is all very new and planned but if that appeals, you will have no problems at all. But count on having a couple of cars! Best of luck.

Technically Caroline Springs is in Melton not Melbourne (despite the fact it's closer to the Melbourne CBD than it is to Melton). That might be why it was excluded from the survey.

Aaahhh I see, but thankyou Ken & rosie for more reassurance that its not potentially a poor and dangerous surburb. Hey Donna, thanks for your reply, nice to hear first hand someone who lives there and even more promising to see you still live there. We won't be out there till the end of next year (October 2014), so doing alot of reserach at the moment, and will probably get back to you with some questions if you don't mind, maybe PM you Maddock/Donna?

Thanks to everyone for Reply once again,

Ray

Archived