How to write a "statuatory declaration" when not in OZ???

ndelame

Hello,

My name is Nicolas, I am 38, and plan to move to OZ with my girlfriend and baby daughter.

I am working on my 189 permanent visa application (received the invitation 2 weeks ago).

As me and my girlfriend are not married, I think I'll need a "statuatory declaration" to claim we ve lived together for 9 years.

What kind of official can witness this kind of document outside from australia (any mayor, or notary from the applicant country?...)???

Thanks a lot!

Nicolas

You'll need more than just that to prove you're de facto and not just dating - you're going to need evidence like both of you receiving mail together at the same address (especially things like utilities, bank statements, etc.), evidence of combined finances, etc. Perhaps you already knew this, but from what you posted it sounded like you thought that would be all the evidence they'd need. :)

You'll need more than just that to prove you're de facto and not just dating - you're going to need evidence like both of you receiving mail together at the same address (especially things like utilities, bank statements, etc.), evidence of combined finances, etc. Perhaps you already knew this, but from what you posted it sounded like you thought that would be all the evidence they'd need. :)

Yep definitely far more important than statutory declarations, in fact I thought people just wrote statements and didn't do the full on statutory declaration for a partner visa.

Statutory declarations made outside Australia are pointless. The whole point of the Stat Dec is that both you and the witness would be committing a serious federal offence if it is knowingly false. The witness, being a professional, would lose his or her job. But if the Stat Dec is made outside Australia, it is unenforceable. Hence I wouldn't overthink things - just get any professional to sign stuff.

Archived