Emigration Advice

ccfcsean

Hi all,

I recently used my WHV and stayed in New South Wales for the majority of my stay. Since returning home, I have settled down with my partner & we are both exploring the possibility of emigrating to Australia in 2014. I will then be 31 years old and do not have any skills/profession to obtain a visa but my girlfriend is a fully qualified teacher. Does anyone know if and how we could both emigrate together with me attaching onto her visa ?

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Loved oz so much, we both want to experience it permanently hopefully!

Thanks

What sort of teacher is she? You need to have a look at the CSOL and SOL lists and see if her occupation is on either of them (SOL is preferable). If she does qualify for a skilled visa of some type, as long as you've been living together/sharing expenses etc. for six months, I believe you'd qualify to apply as her de facto partner on most of them (maybe all). (Skilled visas aren't my area of pseudo-expertise, so maybe wait until someone comes along to confirm this. :) But meanwhile, have a look at the lists! :))

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

What sort of teacher is she? You need to have a look at the CSOL and SOL lists and see if her occupation is on either of them (SOL is preferable). If she does qualify for a skilled visa of some type, as long as you've been living together/sharing expenses etc. for six months, I believe you'd qualify to apply as her de facto partner on most of them (maybe all). (Skilled visas aren't my area of pseudo-expertise, so maybe wait until someone comes along to confirm this. :) But meanwhile, have a look at the lists! :))

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated.

I've recently moved to melbourne as a defacto partner on my boyfriends 189 visa, he's a teacher. You just need to have proof of living together for at least 12 months (bills, council tax, bank accounts etc) and that you're in a continuing and genuine relationship.

Thanks for the advice :)

Hi all,

I recently used my WHV and stayed in New South Wales for the majority of my stay. Since returning home, I have settled down with my partner & we are both exploring the possibility of emigrating to Australia in 2014. I will then be 31 years old and do not have any skills/profession to obtain a visa but my girlfriend is a fully qualified teacher. Does anyone know if and how we could both emigrate together with me attaching onto her visa ?

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Loved oz so much, we both want to experience it permanently hopefully!

Thanks

If you are in a spousal relationship, married or de facto you can be included on your spouse's visa application.

May I suggest that you run your case past a registered migration agent for an assessment?

There's lots of different categories of 'teacher' so the first thing you'll need to do is check the skilled occupation lists and ANZSCO for the one that's most relevant to your partner's qualifications and experience. If it appears on one of the lists the next step should be making an assessment of her likely score in the points based system to see if she'll meet the 60 point benchmark required for invitation.

If the above looks good contact the AITSL which is likely to be the assessing authority for her occupation. They will advise what steps you need to take to complete the assessment process, including English Language requirements and any gap training that may be required. It's going to take a while to get to this stage and it must be completed before you can move ahead with an application so this should be the focus of your efforts.

In regards to including you on the visa application, providing you can demonstrate you're in a spousal or de facto relationship you can be attached as a secondary applicant. There is actually no set relationship period in the regulations and it is up to the case officer to decide if the relationship meets the criteria, however a period of 6 months or more is generally accepted.

Archived