Form-80, question no:59

RDY

Have you ever had a visa cancelled by, been refused entry to, or been deported from, any country?

Hi

I had a refusal of leave to enter for UK in 2011 for some false representation mislead by an agent, now my situation is bit worrying as to what to answer for this question either "YES" or "NO". However, in my old passport there is no any stamp says "cancelled" since its not a staple visa but a biometric card and there will be a mark (+) by black pen on the center of the passport page which the line coincides with the default line of passport page. I have no clue what this (+) mark resembles of. Though I am applying for new passport for entering my spouse name on it, I guess they cancel old passport and issue new one with the old passport number on it. Just worried about how will be the decision based on this remark, had any one gone through this situation? though my conscious says to be honest, but just can not afford the negative result by chance. is there any chance to consider that the refusal of entry happened two years ago and the circumstances now changed with me?

Thanks.

You need to be honest and put "yes." With countries like the UK everything is tied electronically. They will verify what you have said electronically, and when they find that you've been refused entry and lied about it, that will be a MUCH bigger deal than if you had just been honest. Your chances are better if you tell the truth. If you want to, there's an "Additional Information" section in the back where you can talk about what happened and why it won't happen again. Your best chance, though, is going to be running your case past a registered migration agent to make sure you handle this the best way possible.

Your best chance, though, is going to be running your case past a registered migration agent to make sure you handle this the best way possible.

didn't got you exactly, what you mean by that?

Do you mean to say that my case will take long to decide with CO?

Q: Have you ever been refused entry to any country?

A: I had a refusal of leave to enter for UK in 2011 for false representation.

The answer is obviously 'YES'. Are you expecting everyone to coerce you into lying? You should have learnt your lesson, and not attempt false representation again. "Though I am applying for new passport for entering my spouse name on it".Google Translate didn't work too well on that, but if I understand correctly, trying to get round it with a new passport in your "married" name is only asking for more trouble. IMHO

Your best chance, though, is going to be running your case past a registered migration agent to make sure you handle this the best way possible.

didn't got you exactly, what you mean by that?

Do you mean to say that my case will take long to decide with CO?

No, I mean contact a professional MARA-registered migration agent (there are several on this board) and consult with them on whether or not there's anything else you need to do to make sure your application gets through okay given your history.

Q: Have you ever been refused entry to any country?

A: I had a refusal of leave to enter for UK in 2011 for false representation.

The answer is obviously 'YES'. Are you expecting everyone to coerce you into lying? You should have learnt your lesson, and not attempt false representation again. "Though I am applying for new passport for entering my spouse name on it".Google Translate didn't work too well on that, but if I understand correctly, trying to get round it with a new passport in your "married" name is only asking for more trouble. IMHO

I just took that as meaning she's getting a new passport with her married name on it since her old one has her maiden name. Lots of people do that when they marry.

I just took that as meaning she's getting a new passport with her married name on it since her old one has her maiden name. Lots of people do that when they marry.

Quite correct, but not so many people are refused entry to the UK. It makes one question the reasoning behind applying for a new passport when the current one is still valid.

Dont you update your passport with your spouse name on it once you get married or you just ignore it as it still got its validity? Old passport will automatically get canceled irrespective of its validity as you apply for it and new one issued with spouse name and old passport number on it whether you like it or not.

Dont you update your passport with your spouse name on it once you get married or you just ignore it as it still got its validity? Old passport will automatically get canceled irrespective of its validity as you apply for it and new one issued with spouse name and old passport number on it whether you like it or not.

I updated mine, as it still had a few years left they add part of that (less than a year I think) to your new one. But they are still linked to your old passports. They knew who you used to be. It will still flag up on their system.

Seriously, you have nothing to worry about IF you tell the truth.

There's people with previous minor convictions and health issues that get approved every now and then.

1. You need to state the facts

2. You need to pay for a consultation with an Immigration LAWYER (not an agent) - Let them know your situation and what paperwork you should keep handy if Immigration asks for more.

Good luck!

There's people with previous minor convictions and health issues that get approved every now and then.

1. You need to state the facts

2. You need to pay for a consultation with an Immigration LAWYER (not an agent) - Let them know your situation and what paperwork you should keep handy if Immigration asks for more.

Good luck!

To the OP, there are multiple untruths in this advice. I would discard everything except point 1.

To the OP, there are multiple untruths in this advice. I would discard everything except point 1.

Can you evidence that DIAC has never approved a visa for an applicant that :

1. Has had a minor conviction

2. Has a pre-existing health condition?

For #2 there was a poster here the other day who got a 186 approved with Type 2 diabetes.

So either him and I are both liars (which you are completely entitled to believe and state here as this is a public forum) OR....

Can you evidence that DIAC has never approved a visa for an applicant that :

1. Has had a minor conviction

2. Has a pre-existing health condition?

For #2 there was a poster here the other day who got a 186 approved with Type 2 diabetes.

So either him and I are both liars (which you are completely entitled to believe and state here as this is a public forum) OR....

So to pick what you wrote apart:

1. There's people with previous minor convictions and health issues that get approved every now and then. - Unless you have been sentenced to more than a year in prison, having a conviction is a non-issue. Unless your health issue is likely to significantly cost the Australian tax payer to treat, again it will be a non-issue. "Every now and then" is totally false.

2. You need to pay for a consultation with an Immigration LAWYER (not an agent) - Let them know your situation and what paperwork you should keep handy if Immigration asks for more. - Absolutely wrong again. OP does not need to pay for a consultation with an immigration lawyer. OP needs to tell the truth on the form (which was your last point). Simple really.

So to pick what you wrote apart:

1. There's people with previous minor convictions and health issues that get approved every now and then. - Unless you have been sentenced to more than a year in prison, having a conviction is a non-issue. Unless your health issue is likely to significantly cost the Australian tax payer to treat, again it will be a non-issue. "Every now and then" is totally false.

Ok. (note I said minor conviction, not major or criminal).

2. You need to pay for a consultation with an Immigration LAWYER (not an agent) - Let them know your situation and what paperwork you should keep handy if Immigration asks for more. - Absolutely wrong again. OP does not need to pay for a consultation with an immigration lawyer. OP needs to tell the truth on the form (which was your last point). Simple really.

My apologies. The OP does NOT NEED to consult an immigration lawyer, poor choice of words on my part.

Do not want to derail this thread any further. Good luck to OP.

Archived