HALIFAX bank advice

laurar9838

No problems.

When we went back to the UK for a visit 3 yrs ago ,we transferred some money back into our UK current account through one of the FOREX companies and all went well, even though we hadn't used the Halifax account for about 4 yrs. Were able to use our debit cards as normal.

Mike

Hi there,

Can any poms advise me whether they've had any problems with online banking whilst in aus using Halifax?

Reassurance needed :err::smile:

cheers,

laura

It's easy.

One thing i would recommend is that you register your new Aussie mobile number on your account website before you actually need it.

They send confirmation codes by sms (and it works fine to Aussie numbers), but there's a 7 day wait for newly added numbers to be made active.

Don't do what i did and be left waiting for 7 days before you can make a transfer or new payment.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the UK since mid '07 and still have a Halifax current account and credit card and have had no issues with them at all.

I haven't used the credit card since 2008 and they were going to cancel it last month (which is understandable). They sent me a letter to let me know they were going to cancel it so I gave them a call and all is well - just received my new one.

All is good with Halifax from my POV!

Heaps absolutely heaps. The day before flying went in and told them where we were going, changed address to parents in law. Once here they wouldn't let us transfer funds online in oz with numerous account lock outs, had to ring up on skype to do it via phone banking. sporadically put blocks on the main account. Parents in law moved so changed address to here in Aus (massive palaver in itself). They sent cards and pins to previous address where new occupants took 600 quid out so had to go through fraud to get it back. Lesson learned transfer money regardless of rate just to keep it out of their incompetent hands (saying that I need to wait for the transfer to go through)

Archived