189 Visa application please help!

vixy

Hi, I'm new to this, but here goes!

I'm currently in Adelaide on a working holiday visa and have just had an invitation to apply for the Skilled Independent 189 visa.

Some of the application is pretty self explanatory, however there are a few parts where I'm just not sure if I'm answering correctly.

The first issue I have is in the Qualifications section, I haven't used any of my qualifications on Skillselect, as I had enough points without (and only found out they had to be assessed separately to the Skills Assessment for an extra $1100 - not happy), but it won't let me move on without entering something into that box (I selected other), I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do or not. Secondly on the same part, do I need to enter all my secondary school qualifications GCSE's and college NVQ's relating to my trade?

I'm absolutely petrified of submitting the application incorrectly and being turned down! I hope someone can help :arghh:

Thanks!

Hi

Not entirely sure how you can apply without a skills select invitation? In order to get the 189 visa you need to submit an occupation of the approved list and have a completed skills assessment from the organisation responsible for this. It might be different as you have enough points but the skills part was the key component for mine (teacher).

How did you tick all the boxes for the initial skills select without the skills assessment? - what occupation are you citing?

I would suggest that you email the immigration dept about this.

sorry can't be more help

Hi, I'm new to this, but here goes!

I'm currently in Adelaide on a working holiday visa and have just had an invitation to apply for the Skilled Independent 189 visa.

Some of the application is pretty self explanatory, however there are a few parts where I'm just not sure if I'm answering correctly.

The first issue I have is in the Qualifications section, I haven't used any of my qualifications on Skillselect, as I had enough points without (and only found out they had to be assessed separately to the Skills Assessment for an extra $1100 - not happy), but it won't let me move on without entering something into that box (I selected other), I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do or not. Secondly on the same part, do I need to enter all my secondary school qualifications GCSE's and college NVQ's relating to my trade?

I'm absolutely petrified of submitting the application incorrectly and being turned down! I hope someone can help :arghh:

Thanks!

Hi,

I have already got the skills assessment and skillselect offer, I am a mechanic so get points for age (30), time in the trade (15), IELTS (20) I only need 60 points, hence not needing the qualifications part, but don't know if filling this part out incorrectly will cause a problem with the application / visa being granted. Also still waiting for the immigration dept. reply.

Thanks for your response though, hopefully the first of many!

From memory I dug out my GCSE certificates and entered all the details, there's no substitute for detail, detail, detail in this process. As long as you have the evidence (certificates) to back everything up then is leave nothing off. I guess your NVQ qualifications were submitted as part of your skills assessment so enter them as well.

As you're going for a 189 these are ranked as per the amount of points each applicant has so the more the better. If you have evidence to get higher points then you stand a better chance of being invited earlier.