Invited to apply, what do i do????

jen140977

Hi all, I received aninvitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) visaapplication today, it says I have 60 days to reply, when I click the apply button what happens!!?? Do I have to upload all supporting documents immediately? Do we have to have medicals and police checks in the 60 days? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Jen,

You get 60 days from the day of invitation to apply and upload your documents. Your application is allocated to case officer in 8 weeks so you could keep uploading your documents in the meantime. I applied for visa and paid the fees to give it a start (your application days will be counted from the date of application) and uploaded my documents later including police check. Believe me once you have uploaded your documents 'the 8 weeks mark' seems endless!:frown:

Good luck

Smitty

Above Is not totally correct. You have 60 days from invitation to lodge visa application. You have 28 days from day you lodge application to upload supporting documents. Your CO will request medicals and police checks when required- you get 28 days from CO to organise these. Some people front load medicals and police checks - but this will shorten the time you will get to make first entry to Australia to validate your visas.

When I applied for my visa I don't remember seeing a note to upload documents within 28 days from then.I however remember that 28 days allowance is when you have a case officer. Could you not attach documents beyond 28 days whilst waiting for an allocation from a case officer? I thought you could,and the link does not restrict you.

Can you front load medicals etc after u have started application? Or would u need to wait till their requested?

You could organize your medicals following the link in the application. Your medical center uploads the documents once you have had your medical examination done.

I have submitted my EOI and am now waiting for the invitation to apply for the Visa. Can someone tell me where I can find a list of documents I would need to upload as part of the Visa?

Thanks

Hi mpatel1972,

You would need all the documents you have claimed points against, the more the better, I think, so if you have additional qualifications etc, it will look impressive bearing in mind that DIAC is only interested in the claims you have made. Remember to have certified copies from the recommended officials.

Good luck.

Smitty

Archived