anmac professional reference not required for rmn?

xxlornaxx

Im a mental health nurse and I am getting all my documents together to apply for modified skills assesment from anmac...only thing thats taking time and probably will b done wrong anyway is my professional reference...anmac website confused me a little on reference requirement so I emailed them and they replied that I did not need a reference if my qualification was solely in mental health, only needed it if it was a general degree...im really pleased about this as means i can apply straight away, I dont need the points for work experience either. .. but also a little wary..ive heard ppl say they get told things by anmac n immi that then turn out to be false...and on here every1 seems to send a reference...anyone any idea? I dnt want to get it wrong. Thanks

Guest Guest 47403

Anmac asked my wife for more detail on hers (dates) so we had to resend it, I'd send one tbh I wouldn't rely on what one individual says.

Perhaps you only need Prof ref for purpose of defining ANZSCO code and with mental health there may be only one? With RGN there were a few to choose from albeit it dosent restrict you once registered with AHPRA

However if claiming points for length of service it's needed for RGN as I needed to get 3 to cover the 10 years, HR statements weren't sufficient.

Edited by nic1171

What part of this thread have you responded to the OPs query as to why she dosent need a professional reference? Thank God for the ignore button Goodbye FH

How strange?

That is what I am doing....I am saying it is unlikely that she will be treated any differently simply because she is RMN...which is what I am as well.

Edited by Flathead

There is no separate Mental Health registration here. All registrations are for RN and, theoretically you are registered to work in any area....I do not see how the rules can be different for RMNs

Yes it's RN, but when you get your registration it will say as one of the restrictions to only work in mental health.

To the OP - personally, I would send the reference

• 2 years later...

I didn't need reference or the three months experience..however everyone on here has said they needed it and I may have just fluked it! I did contact them and asked them and included email where they advised me it was not necessary for mental health so maybe contact them like I did X